Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE Help Me....Super Frustrated

User Info Menu

PLEASE Help Me....Super Frustrated

..was able to use Jville instructions and enlarge a "in post pic" but now I can't. I see the "pencil" and the sizer window does not launch......
    I am doing all the steps. Grrrrr. I have some great ole photos to share and spend two hours last night and can't dowit!!!!!

Please kindly help me someone.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

sweetness, when you hover over the thumbnail and see the pencil, if you click on the pencil you should see options to choose different sizes for your photo and then you can choose large. It only works when you are in advance settings. Also using safari as a browser doesn't work, I had to switch to Firefox. Jville instructions saved me once I figured out what browser to use. I hear internet explorer also works.

User Info Menu

Sweetness,
    I am using IE8, not sure if browser makes difference or not.
    This how I have been inserting pictures.
    In the advanced reply, I insert pictures by opening the 'manage attachments' (paperclip thingy)
    Click on 'add files' (top right corner), click on basic uploader, click on browse (upload from computer highlighted)
    Select picture (resized to 800x600 using image resizer), then click on upload.
    Picture shows up in both home and attachment section of 'manage attachments'
    With the picture checked in the attachment section of 'manage attachments' , I then click on insert inline (red highlight button bottom right), it then shows up in the post as 'attach config blah blah attach'
    I then switch editors clicking the a/A button and the picture shows up in the post.
    I then roll the mouse over picture and the pencil shows up.
    I click on pencil and image settings dialog box opens up, I click on full size radio button and then hit save.
    Full size picture shows up in post when previewed.
    Hope this helps, Winston.

User Info Menu

OMG- it sounds soooo complicated to upload a photo. I thought we would not have to resize with new board. Maybe I will get the knack....somedayName:  res_nov20.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  49.6 KB

User Info Menu

My photo came out "tiny".

User Info Menu

I only know how to do it one way myself. I can understand your frustration completely.

User Info Menu

i agree this sure is a very complex procedure for posting a pic.

sweetness are you sure you're using 'advanced' reply? and are you doing this step? (this is the one i was missing, thank u winston!!!) ---> then switch editors by clicking the a/A button and the picture shows up in the post.

after doing that, then the pencil should be active, and will launch the sizer window where you click on the 'large' or 'full size' buttons to enlarge the pic in the post.

Also - even when the pics post tiny ..... once it is posted, users can click on the upper right corner of the pic, and it will open up to the full size, as a 'pop up' for viewing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JA-2005 003.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	1155
    Last edited by MissBlue; 05-17-2011 at 12:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Remember that you do not need to post the picture large. If the viewer is a registered member of the board and is logged in, they can click on the thumbnail to see a larger image.
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

Talking I'm still trying too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1157O.K. lets see now.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Last night after hours and hours invested I finally was able to upload some photos (resized which I thought you didnt have to do?} but they are the tiny versions,it seems to be much to complicated to upload a picture when it only takes seconds to upload a video?