Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: URGENT - Need your INPUT by 4:30pm TODAY (Tuesday) on a Jerk Chicken Centre

User Info Menu

Re: URGENT - Need your INPUT by 4:30pm TODAY (Tuesday) on a Jerk Chicken Centre

I don't like the idea. I don't think a lot of people will go to the jerk center because it's inconvenient. I like it he way it is.

User Info Menu

A resounding no if the intent is to model it after the Boston jerk center near Port Antonio. We have never felt overly hassled on the beach in Negril but the BOSTON Jerk Center was uncomfortable, overpriced and poor quality. We went a second time just to make sure the first time was not an anomaly. It was not. It was worse. Street food is sold all over the world in similar conditions and always, it is buyer beware. We have our favs (another shoutout to Smokey Joe) and will continue to accept the very, very, very (IMHO) risk. I will be adding a shot of rum at the end of the meal….just in case.
    Maintain the status quo.

User Info Menu

coldinNB...you just reminded me of the scrum that always occurs at the roadside fry fish community near White House. When you get out of your car you are besieged by a half dozen plates of cold fried fish shoved in your face. We're always nice but we walk through by the guy actually frying, place our order with him, then sit at the tables on the fishermens beach and have a FEAST.

A Jerk pan pen is a bad idea for everyone except hotel restaurants. Negril has enough compounds already and most of the people who
    stay at them never really experience true Negril life, IMHO.

User Info Menu

If this does happen, we will most likely not go there to eat.

User Info Menu

Why don't they set up a depot where vendors can keep their carts overnight, clean them, have them inspected and maybe even sell a few supplies they may need. They can have a place to replenish fresh water and use a restroom. Rather than corral them, help them improve what they're already doing where they are.