Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

  1. #1
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Today I saw a sight I haven't seen since Covid - multiple signs highlighting the upcoming events! It looks like it's time to being to update the Events Calendar finally!

    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  2. #2
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    We haven’t been down since Covid.
    Are there any serious permanent changes?

  3. #3
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Since Covid, some smaller businesses closed. Some of your favorite hotel workers had to find other jobs and decided not to return to the tourism sector.

    Many taxi operators ceased operation and have moved onto other occupations.

    Boardwalk Shopping Village across from Treehouse is the new home to NCB Bank and future home of the HiLo store which will nolonger be in the Sunshine Village Plaza.

    The new hospital will be open shortly, with an ER, catering to locals and tourists alike.

    Yellowbird was sold and no longer yellow, Risky Business was bought and something will be built there. No real info, just rumours.

    Bar-B-Barn's sale fell through and a family member is trying to bring back life and status to the property.

    Businesses are still struggling, running up huge deficits during Covid. Please support your favorite local businesses, everyone is trying to survive.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  4. #4
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Thanks for the info Rob.
    You got a Heineken on me next time we cross paths at the Red Dragon.

  5. #5
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Today I saw a sight I haven't seen since Covid - multiple signs
    Good to see !

  6. #6
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Today I saw a sight I haven't seen since Covid - multiple signs highlighting the upcoming events! It looks like it's time to being to update the Events Calendar finally!
    Hey Rob,

    So what's going on with the event calendar.. anything happening or scheduled to happen this fall?


    2011 [NBCC], 2014 [SunSpree Holiday Inn, GP], 2015 [Tobys, WS, Riu Club], 2016 [Tobys, WS], 2017 [WS X 3], 2018 [WS X 2, Negril Palms, WS], 2019 [Seastar/WS, CCLP, WS], 2020 [WS X 2], 2021 [WS], 2022 [LTU/WS, WS]

  7. #7
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Hey Rob,

    So what's going on with the event calendar.. anything happening or scheduled to happen this fall?
    Been trying to reach the main promoters in town and there are quite a few big shows planned.

    The govt still has medical Covid guidelines that they must follow. They have to submit their plans in advance to get them approved and they can't promote the event until approved.

    They are saying that they are lucky to get the approval 10 days in advance so it is hard to try and build up any kind of future schedule.

    They are lobbying to have that changed because it really effects the attendance. People who used to come from Kingston don't hear about the shows until it is too late.

    Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. Be sure to look for the concert signs on the way to Negril. Look for signs and ask around town when you first arrive about upcoming events.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  8. #8
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Been trying to reach the main promoters in town and there are quite a few big shows planned.

    The govt still has medical Covid guidelines that they must follow. They have to submit their plans in advance to get them approved and they can't promote the event until approved.

    They are saying that they are lucky to get the approval 10 days in advance so it is hard to try and build up any kind of future schedule.

    They are lobbying to have that changed because it really effects the attendance. People who used to come from Kingston don't hear about the shows until it is too late.

    Hopefully this will be sorted out soon. Be sure to look for the concert signs on the way to Negril. Look for signs and ask around town when you first arrive about upcoming events.
    ok, Thanks but what about the smaller venues that might have weekly shows (like Seastar, Roots Cafe, Alfred's, Boat Bar... etc)?


    2011 [NBCC], 2014 [SunSpree Holiday Inn, GP], 2015 [Tobys, WS, Riu Club], 2016 [Tobys, WS], 2017 [WS X 3], 2018 [WS X 2, Negril Palms, WS], 2019 [Seastar/WS, CCLP, WS], 2020 [WS X 2], 2021 [WS], 2022 [LTU/WS, WS]

  9. #9
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    ok, Thanks but what about the smaller venues that might have weekly shows (like Seastar, Roots Cafe, Alfred's, Boat Bar... etc)?
    In 29 days:
    Seastar - no
    Roots - yes
    Alfred's - probably no
    Boat Bar - no

    But keep an eye out for the signs and ask around town. There is live music, Covid has just scrambled up the old schedule....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

  10. #10
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Signs! A sign of things getting back normal?

    Thanks! I assume Drifters will have an afternoon show some days that week?


    2011 [NBCC], 2014 [SunSpree Holiday Inn, GP], 2015 [Tobys, WS, Riu Club], 2016 [Tobys, WS], 2017 [WS X 3], 2018 [WS X 2, Negril Palms, WS], 2019 [Seastar/WS, CCLP, WS], 2020 [WS X 2], 2021 [WS], 2022 [LTU/WS, WS]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •