Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing charter

User Info Menu

Fishing charter

Coming back end of October with some friends. One is asking about fishing charters. Not sure if I have ever seen a true charter boat going out? Does anyone have any suggestions.
    Peace

User Info Menu

Re: Fishing charter

I’ve gone out with Stanley several times.
    https://www.facebook.com/Stanleys-De...0288023389735/
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I took my sons deep sea fishing with Captain Stanley several years ago. They really enjoyed it and got to see a whale. He had a nice boat and equipment.

User Info Menu

So Stanley seems like the guy for deep sea fishing. Has anyone gone out with the local daily fisherman? We are only thinking simple off shore fishing for dinner. Friend is a chef and is hoping to catch our dinner! We can bring along fishing gear as extra compensation to the captain of the boat. Can the glass bottom guys do a fishing trip?
    Peace

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j&k View Post
    So Stanley seems like the guy for deep sea fishing. Has anyone gone out with the local daily fisherman? We are only thinking simple off shore fishing for dinner. Friend is a chef and is hoping to catch our dinner! We can bring along fishing gear as extra compensation to the captain of the boat. Can the glass bottom guys do a fishing trip?
    Peace
    I haven’t but a friend has. If you’re interested I can get his contact info.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    I haven’t but a friend has. If you’re interested I can get his contact info.
    Yes please
    Peace

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j&k View Post
    Peace
    I have gone out a couple times, once with a couple local fishermen, another with a glass bottom. With the fisherman, they used the traditional fishing line wrapped around jugs method, home made wooden outriggers. We got into several small tuna, was pretty awesome experience, although I was mostly a spectator.
    Another time a guy I had met (American)asked if I wanted to go out on a flat bottom for half a day, he had one lined up. This time we brought our own gear, medium weight spinning rods, but the boat captain always wanted to troll far too fast for what we had for lures. Eventually we drove up the "North Negril River", and started casting, each guy taking one side of the boat. Buddy caught one small snook, but he saw a huge tarpon surface, I saw and caught nothing. But saying that, if I was to go out again, that's the spot I would want to go. Very quiet, never saw anyone else while on the river.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

j&k I find it a little confusing as to what your goal is? First you speak of a "True Charter Boat" #1, and then defer to "we are only thinking simple off shore fishing for dinner" #4. That is a huge difference between the two especially in cost. A half day charter on a "True Charter Boat" you are looking at around $500 USD for a half day ( four hour tour). You idea of a off shore fishing for dinner on a glass bottom boat is totally different. Negril is not noted for it's fishing although over the years Alfred and others have caught some notable fish. If one of your friends is adamant about fishing Treasure Beach is where he should go. If trying to catch dinner in Negril is the purpose you can find many along the beach that will gladly take your money!!!

User Info Menu

A friend and I booked a fishing trip with Captain Moses. We went early in the morning. We were picked up on the beach at Captain Moses's Hut. We fished out from the cliffs on the west end ,caught 4 small Tuna. I think it was $80 US each.

User Info Menu

If your able and can bring some medium weight spinning rods and crank baits that only dive 4 or 5 feet that will get you started. Have fished the north and south Negril rivers many times,having better luck on the north river. You will need to find a local fisherman,but as sandman66 mentioned it is so hard to get them to troll the mile and half. Don't really know why they want to go so fast,but if you can get them to slow down you can really do well catching some nice snook.