Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Byron killed last night?

User Info Menu

Byron killed last night?

Good Morning everyone, I just saw on Facebook that our long time friend was shot and killed last night on west end along with 2 tourists injured. Any updates on this? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Byron killed last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovesnegril View Post
    Good Morning everyone, I just saw on Facebook that our long time friend was shot and killed last night on west end along with 2 tourists injured. Any updates on this? Thanks!
    We're devasted...this is Byron that mainly drove the West End Rd. 😢

User Info Menu

We just confirmed also with a friend at LTU that it was him. Any details?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link Lisa. I’m guessing we first met Byron in the early to mid 90’s at LTU. He was a special man and always looked out for us while in Jamaica. RIP Byron, you will be missed by many!

Administrator

User Info Menu

As Lisa said, we are devastated. I got a ride from Byron on Friday. Such an odd feeling.

Byron has always been a big help even from the early days of Negril.com. We first featured him nearly 25 years ago, he is on the right in the red mesh tank top:

https://www.realnegril.com/beingees/na111297.htm

Miss you man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Is it just me or is this really, really unsettling. Imagine the terror for those tourists!
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Our hearts to go out to all Byron’s family and friends. Yes I find this unsettling because my mind immediately flashed on sitting in the back of that van. Those poor tourists must be traumatized. I would be most comfortable if we learn it was not random.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Our hearts to go out to all Byron’s family and friends. Yes I find this unsettling because my mind immediately flashed on sitting in the back of that van. Those poor tourists must be traumatized. I would be most comfortable if we learn it was not random.
    There's not much "random" in Jamaica in these types of horrible circumstances...

Administrator

User Info Menu

While Bnewb was being somewhat vague on purpose, everyone here knows that this was not a random occurrence.

Without getting into and possibly hindering the police investigation, Byron was executed because of previous events that took place.

That is also why no one else was killed, this was a personal vendetta.

Nothing in our world has seemed to make sense for quite a while now and Covid certainly did not help matters.

I lost a great friend from this tragedy and others have lost a family member, son, brother, father, uncle, cousin.

We have lost a great friend, but others have lost more.

Good bye my friend...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!