Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: What a difference a year makes

User Info Menu

What a difference a year makes

One year ago today my wife and I were supposed to be enjoying the final few days of our two-week stay at LTU Garden before returning home to New Orleans on September 2. Instead we were glued to CNN, watching as Hurricane Ida smashed into New Orleans. The next day my neighbor (who did not evacuate) texted pictures of significant damage done to our home and I called from Negril to file an insurance claim. Our flight home was cancelled because of damage to the N.O. airport and we were finally able
    to fly back Sept. 12. While the extra 10 days at LTU were great, every morning was spent on the phone with insurance matters and
    trying to find a contractor to remove the 80-foot oak tree which had been blown over onto our roof. This was our "Ivan".

With luck our contractors will be here next week to start interior repairs. They say they will be finished about 2 months after that.
    We have to relocate while the work is being done.

What's my point? We have been travelling to Negril twice a year after we retired (once a year before then since 1983) and I have been
    Jones-ing big time since the spring. We're hoping now to make it back by the end of November. Soon come!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: What a difference a year makes

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    One year ago today my wife and I were supposed to be enjoying the final few days of our two-week stay at LTU Garden before returning home to New Orleans on September 2. Instead we were glued to CNN, watching as Hurricane Ida smashed into New Orleans. The next day my neighbor (who did not evacuate) texted pictures of significant damage done to our home and I called from Negril to file an insurance claim. Our flight home was cancelled because of damage to the N.O. airport and we were finally able
    to fly back Sept. 12. While the extra 10 days at LTU were great, every morning was spent on the phone with insurance matters and
    trying to find a contractor to remove the 80-foot oak tree which had been blown over onto our roof. This was our "Ivan".

With luck our contractors will be here next week to start interior repairs. They say they will be finished about 2 months after that.
    We have to relocate while the work is being done.

What's my point? We have been travelling to Negril twice a year after we retired (once a year before then since 1983) and I have been
    Jones-ing big time since the spring. We're hoping now to make it back by the end of November. Soon come!
    See you soon man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: What a difference a year makes

Thanks Rob. When we finally get back we'll have another pull-up Wednesday at LTU. The one we had last year was the week before the storm.