Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Please return your Red Stripe bottles!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please return your Red Stripe bottles!

Unlike the rum shortage that is being caused by the lack of new rum bottles, Red Stripe has a bottle problem with returnable bottles as well as no new bottles.

Red Stripe has created a policy that all beer retailers be it bars, restaurants, grocery stores and even the small mom and pop shops are only receiving new beer in the amount of how many empties that they are returning. One new beer for one empty.

So if you at a bar, "try" to finish the beer and leave it with the establishment. I know it is great to walk Negril on a hot day with a beer in hand, but if you can, either finish the beer at the bar, or return a different empty there on a different Negril walk.

If you buy a couple cases at HiLo, try and save the empties and return them to HiLo.

I have been buying Red Stripe in cans to bypass the issue completely.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Please return your Red Stripe bottles!

Last February we bought 2 cases at Mega Mart in Mobay. Collette Parker was more than happy to pickup the empties at our hotel.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Unique logistics issues!
    Death does not concern us., because as long as we exist, death is not here. And once it does come, we no longer exist.
    - Epicurus

User Info Menu

Is Red Stripe still having issues with bottles? Coming to Negril in a couple of weeks and love the bottles, wanted to check the situation. Planning on hitting up the stores across from Catcha and CCLP.

Thanks!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bobbynh View Post
    Is Red Stripe still having issues with bottles? Coming to Negril in a couple of weeks and love the bottles, wanted to check the situation. Planning on hitting up the stores across from Catcha and CCLP.

Thanks!
    Red Stripe has not changed their policy yet, but it seems like there are plenty bottles at the stores.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I can attest to that! (Even though I made sure that I dropped off all my bottles at some bar during my travels)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I can attest to that! (Even though I made sure that I dropped off all my bottles at some bar during my travels)
    Good to know, thank you both. Only two weeks away can't wait!