Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appleton shortage!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Appleton shortage!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Attachment 56677

I seem to remember from Special to Estate, J Wray, and now Kingston 62. At least here in the USA.

This is available as a separate rum from Kingston 62. J. Wray and Nephew is the owner of Appleton Estate but is considered a different brand under the same umbrella. Here is one of the places you can order the above now:

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/j...ica/1/usa-fl-y
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just found a list of rums produced by Wray & Nephew. It includes Blackwell Rum under the Appleton Brand:

Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum (the flagship brand, 63% ABV)
    J. Wray Gold Jamaican Rum
    Sainsbury's Superior Dark Rum (Gold medal winner in the Rum category at the 2010 International Wine and Spirit Awards[6])
    Coruba Jamaica Rum
    Appleton Special Jamaica Rum - now called Kingston 62
    Appleton Estates Jamaica Rums:
    Signature
    8 Year Old Reserve
    12 Year Old Rare Casks
    15 Year Old Black River Casks
    Master Blender's Legacy
    21 Year Old Nassau Valley Casks
    Blackwell Rum
    Koko Kanu

User Info Menu

We go to Strawberry Hill in December. Can't wait to sip some Blackwell rum there overlooking Kingston and the Blue Mountains!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Appleton 12 year old

Wonderful posts. Reached into my cabinet for a JB Overproof Rum, Trelawney Blend. Oh my. I put it immediately back into the cabinet.
    Last edited by Jah Bless; 09-05-2022 at 02:04 PM.
    Death does not concern us., because as long as we exist, death is not here. And once it does come, we no longer exist.
    - Epicurus

User Info Menu

Maybe I should pickup a couple of bottles at duty free on the way in Saturday. Use them to barter for goods and services!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    Maybe I should pickup a couple of bottles at duty free on the way in Saturday. Use them to barter for goods and services!!
    Not a bad idea!

User Info Menu

I can't speak for any shortages that have occurred at Appleton be it bottles or the Rum itself but I must say that their inconsistent branding efforts in the USA markets are confusing at best. I hardly see any Appleton rum on sale in the New England region of the US. New Hampshire who has a massive duty free / tax free store system has very few Appleton offerings. Over the past 20 years NH had a very large Appleton selection. Appleton Special was always available at around $12 USD for 750ml. It's more prominent offerings were also available at the NH State Stores. No longer!! I'm headed up to NH next week and I'll check again but for whatever reasons Appleton has been dropping the ball....

User Info Menu

I can get the 5, 8, and 12 yr old at my local here in the Minneapolis suburbs. Can’t find the 15 or 21 anywhere.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    I can't speak for any shortages that have occurred at Appleton be it bottles or the Rum itself but I must say that their inconsistent branding efforts in the USA markets are confusing at best. I hardly see any Appleton rum on sale in the New England region of the US. New Hampshire who has a massive duty free / tax free store system has very few Appleton offerings. Over the past 20 years NH had a very large Appleton selection. Appleton Special was always available at around $12 USD for 750ml. It's more prominent offerings were also available at the NH State Stores. No longer!! I'm headed up to NH next week and I'll check again but for whatever reasons Appleton has been dropping the ball....
    Appleton Special is now branded as Kingston '62. The new label looks nothing like the old one.

User Info Menu

Luckily for us here in Alberta, Canada. We can get all sorts of Appletons here. My goto is Appletons Signature and all bottle sizes available, the 60’s are my purchase. Kingston is probably the one I rarely see. Might have to bring my own this December if things don’t get better by then.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22