Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appleton shortage!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Appleton 12 year old

In the Observer today, there is a rum shortage, yes, a rum shortage in Jamaica! The supply chain problems have caused a lack of rum bottles. And for the first time ever, Jamaica has imported sugar! Once the waiting rum is bottled, Jamaica can use the excess sugar to produce larger amounts immediately.

They are figuring that things should be back to normal by the end of September.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Appleton shortage!

Returning from our two weeks in Negril..... I was shocked to find out of the Appleton Rum Shortage on the island. While in town I drink Appleton Signature. ( the Old VX ).... We went to all of the Big stores in Negril ( Hi-Lo, Chinaman , Value Master) and many small shops on Norman Manley..... They were out.... Heard the same story of a shortage everywhere... But finding most Appleton labels was near impossible except for some 12 and some 8 year. I found signature for a reasonable price at the One Mile Shop on Norman Manley. ( $4000J). The airport was even out of everything other than 8 year and 21 Year. So just a heads up to all!

Peace

User Info Menu

Re: Appleton shortage!

Figures, just in time for my trip!

User Info Menu

I don't mind resorting to Worthy Park rum in a pinch

User Info Menu

May not be able to find anything because they changed the name- it is the same product, different label. They are now Kingston 62.

User Info Menu

It all make sense now! Tried the 15 year old it’s good but I love my 12 year old, I’ll wait patiently.

User Info Menu

On the other hand I've been pleased to see flasks of 8-year popping up in bars all over the island

Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

I am no marketing expert, but why does Appleton keep changing the name of their "core" rum? Kingston 62? Bring back Appleton Special and be done with it.
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    I am no marketing expert, but why does Appleton keep changing the name of their "core" rum? Kingston 62? Bring back Appleton Special and be done with it.
    This the first name change I can remember.

According to company rep Nick Williamson, the new Kingston 62 label highlights the rum's Jamaican heritage, and the lion symbolizes the strength, courage and pride of the Jamaican people.

Personally, I agree with you, bring back the old label.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Name:  J.-Wray-Gold-Label.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  271.0 KB

I seem to remember from Special to Estate, J Wray, and now Kingston 62. At least here in the USA.
    Free Vybz Kartel