Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West End Tales: Sept 2022

User Info Menu

Re: West End Tales: Sept 2022

Busy day yesterday!
    Downtown for the ATM, Red Ground and Red Dragon for some Jerk pork (see photos posted yesterday). Great times at the Dragon!
    Then Mi Yard and Canoe for more good times.
    Back to Seastar to get some cash and on to LTU for dinner. Chicken Lola but no pumpkin soup!! The sunset was very nice! Back to Seastar for a bit, then down to Mi Yard and spent some time on the porch!
    Ended up closing the bar at Seastar AGAIN!
    Enjoy,
    VVHT

User Info Menu

More photos from yesterday and last night

Name:  18852A72-ABDA-4E5E-8E07-30FB80E2CB74.jpeg
Views: 889
Size:  3.08 MBName:  93A61AFA-C910-4C07-B52E-A917BD98EEA8.jpeg
Views: 906
Size:  2.94 MBName:  97449B64-C46B-4B92-9F7F-F722AE5E12AF.jpeg
Views: 824
Size:  4.10 MBName:  21486DA3-214E-4466-96AC-E6D275ABC1AB.jpeg
Views: 877
Size:  4.52 MB

User Info Menu

Sounds like so much fun! We miss Negril. Glad to hear Karl is doing well. We bought a painting from him in 2010 while staying at Catcha. Thanks for sharing the photos! Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Yesterday was a great day for a pub crawl on the beach.
    Started at Sunnyside, Alfred’s for lunch, Flag City and finished the crawl at Tony’s Hut and what a wonderful surprise to have Tony as our bartender! He is a very cool guy!

User Info Menu

After the beach pub crawl Errol picked us up on the beach road and we ran a couple of errands downtown. Picked up groceries at Hi Lo and the ATM to replenish the cash.
    Then we tried a new place across from Rick’s called Lisa’s. Lisa has a very nice bar and is a gracious Hostess. Forgot to take any photos.

User Info Menu

So Rob heads home and I walk back to Seastar planning on an early night.
    One thing I have learned is don’t make plans in Negril!!!

I check in at the bar at Seastar and turn around to head up to my room for a shower and a nap.
    An older Jamaican man is walking towards me. The closer he gets, the bigger his smile gets!
    My wing man from back in the days Baker!
    I haven’t seen Baker since 2009!
    He heard through the coconut telegraph that Happy was staying at Seastar!
    Delroy cooked us a wonderful jerk pork dinner!
    We strolled down the lane to grab a route taxi to Mi Yard!
    Late late night! Too much fun!

User Info Menu

Another magical night here at Seastar Inn on the West End, which in my humble opinion is the best end!
    Enjoy,
    VVHT

User Info Menu

The other night I was chilling on my balcony at Seastar listening to the gleep gleep gleep and thought maybe you might like to hear it as well...

Crank up the volume and ENJOY!

User Info Menu

Post Trip Report:
    Thanks Rob for everything, the journey gets deeper and richer with each trip!

Big thanks to Chris and Francine for making this trip a wonderful time at Seastar!
    The staff was excellent and made sure Happy was Happy all the time!
    Great to see Garrett, Evan, Erroll and even spent some time with my old friend Baker!
    New faces, Delroy & Shantana the cooks, Deanna at the front desk and an excellent bar staff:
    In order I met them: Kim, Stacey, Keanna and Osheena.
    Housekeeping: Carol and Danisha.
    I apologize if I missed someone or misspelled anyone's name!

This was my first September trip and definitely a great time!
    It was hot and humid every day, but that is to be expected.
    September is slow season and it was slow. Great time to walk the beach and hardly see anyone.
    Even though many places were closed due to slow season, there was enough variety in the places that were open to accommodate any palate.
    Only one night out for live music as there were few venues hosting live music. Went to Blue Skies last Saturday and it was a great time!
    Tried to stop in at as many places as possible for a drink or food.
    Spent a few nights at Mi Yard with Delroy , Loyd, Pablo and Ricardo.

Many highlights on this trip, but a couple of the best:
    1) Spent an afternoon at Tony's Hut on the beach listening to Tony give his thoughts on life in general and the runnings of Negril! Tony is just a great guy with a wonderful outlook on life!
    2) Ran into a couple of young men I met 16 years ago in Negril. Back then they were young boys living off of Seastar Lane. Now they were grown men with good jobs. It was very cool to meet them again.
    3) My wingman back in the day was Baker the cook at Seastar back in the 2000's. I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired on most of the mischief we got into back in the day. Now we are just a couple of old dogs reliving younger days!

So many good times and laughs!

Book pack and go!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Love that sound!