Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprats Yard Party @ DeBar....Big Success :)

User Info Menu

PS Jackie, the weather is lovely at home. Not sure when you are coming back but if its soon, you will be pleased that there is NO snow. Tomorrow, 10C

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the work you did to get this party going. I think the goats name were "Billy Goat" and the other was "Peter Goat"........Peter was the bigger one...!! Did you have and left-overs ? I made it home but, U.S. Customs wanted to know about the 5 bottles of "Grace Ketchup" ?? I told them it's the best in the world..!! This is after the X-Ray of all the bags.... I told them I have been using " Castile" Soap with olive oil for 25 years now.. I think I got them with the Ketchup.. I wanted to thank Jackie and Peter for another Jamaican Tour. That was Tour # 53 1979 - 2011 .. Thanks to all the people that made "Occupy Negril" a Hit....Keep-up the power. We do "Hope for a Change"...Thanks, Woodymon P.S. Jackie "Susan said "HI"...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I hope you are not all disappointed but camera went away early in the evening. It was just too hard to try and take pics of everything going on. I was trying to be the 'perfect hostess which meant chatting and great boardies as they arrived. The place was packed and I knew that Poolguy was taking lots of pics

All said and done, we fed over 100 people through the evening. My hubby was great getting me up the road, making sure all our Xtabi friends were taken care of for drinks. He is such a wonderful husband for putting up with me....hahaha...and me with him

The night was a blast and we couldn't have asked for a better turn out!

Captd arrived in from MoBay and headed for the party. So nice to put a face to the name....
    Last edited by Sprat; 12-04-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

The bar was hopping and Trevor and Pam kept everyone in cold drinks!

CanadaGeorge and his lovely wife Judi

Delicious pumpkin cake from Rosaline but I didn't get a pic of the cake Sweetness brought....( she posted a pic on her thread ).

Last by not least....I want to thank Eddie Myrie @ Debar and all of his family and crew for hosting this great party along with me. They have been wonderful friends over the years, and they sure stepped up to the plate to turn this event into a big success.

Thank you to Diane & DJ with Tending the Garden, and to all of those who contributed food or support in one way or another....and of course ...this could never have been so sucessful without all of YOU wonderful boardies who showed up and support this fun event!

Jamaica we love you!

Jah bless....
    Last edited by Sprat; 12-04-2011 at 12:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Congratulations Sprat on the great turn out for your party. The food certainly looks delicious.

User Info Menu

Love the idea, love the photos, love the vibe!! I wish that I could have been there and met all of you. DeBar is such a fabulous venue for a party!! The food looked delicious, I've tried manish water but it's not for me; a little to pastey tasting for my taste. Curried goat on the other hand, I LOVE. Such a wonderful idea to raise money for the childen of Jamaica, Jackie, I love your style and hope to meet you in person one day.

with peace and blessings,
    Islander - Brynn
    Looking forward to our next visit to beautiful Jamaica! See you soon!!

User Info Menu

Perfection Sprat!!!! Only wish I could have made it!! Congratulations on a big success for everyone involved! It takes a lot of work to pull these kinds of things off, more than most realize. Thanks for helping provide a great party and most of all.........providing an opportunity to give back to the people of the island that we all love! Blessings sent big time!!! You are not only a great cook, photographer...but a very warm, giving person. Much respect mi sista!!

User Info Menu

Wish We could have been there Sprat! From all the pics and posts it looked like a beautiful party.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Sprat - Loved these pictures, thank you for sharing them! It looks like it was an amazing party! I wish we could have been there!! It's wonderful that you were able to raise money for a good cause too!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woodymon View Post
    I made it home but, U.S. Customs wanted to know about the 5 bottles of "Grace Ketchup" ?? I told them it's the best in the world..!!
    I feel the same way. On a couple of trips, i think i stowed away a bottle from RIU on the last day ....