Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprats Yard Party @ DeBar....Big Success :)

User Info Menu

Big round of applause...100 people ??? wow....thats so awesome Sprat...Sorry I couldn't attend...You and your hubbie are so kind and generous to host such a great party..and esp. you included a good cause with it..It's a great example of throwing an excellent party and also helping out the community(hoping others would follow this path in the future)..My hats off to you..Much respect..
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I was thinking it would be a good turn out, but was a great turnout! I have my pictures up on facebook will try to get some over here. I have to say I had a full cup of manish water (you mean those were not noodles in there? wtf were they?) The curry goat was really good, and could not stop goin back for another piece of that pumpkin cake!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Red face

Jackie - I cherish the time I got to spend with you. I already felt connected to you before we met but now you are in my heart for sure. I love your spirit and joy - its contagious. Thanks to you and Peter for hosting this great event, it is so important to give back and it feels SO GOOD. I was thinking again about that moment that I feel so happy at the party and I remembered Oprah talking about JOY RISING....thats what it was Joy rising.

I am sad that you are headed home but now I have a deeper friendship with you and for that I am so grateful. Travel safe and until we meet again.........blessings flow.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sorry we missed it Jackie. You know how things go here and by the time we started to "get ready" it was past 8 - anyway. Glad it was a success. See you around the "rodeo".

User Info Menu

The goats were up the lane from Xtabi...and around 7 am, I heard goats out front going by. We called Champ and they were pick up on a motorscooter....one on the front and one on the back....lol

I made it clear from the beginning that I did not want to see them before..... but I heard them yelling out to me as they went by...
    About di Goats dem.

One year, on the morning of Pee Wee's birthday bash, a bunch of the people from Blue Cave Castle went to Pee Wee's for breakfast. I didn't go. I stayed in the BCC yard. Kay, suz, BarbW and the usual crew went to breakfast. All of a sudden a sound, not unlike a baby screaming, could be heard up and down the coast. I ran over to the wall between BCC and Moonlight Villa and asked what that was all about. They said they had just butchered a goat at Pee Wee's for the bashment that night. Needless to say it ruined everyone's breakfast.
    They butchered the goat not 30 feet from where everyone was eating. At least they had the door closed to the dirt floored room in the back.
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Nice Job Sprats and Husband and DeBar! fun to see everyone there ~

User Info Menu

Were you hoping for the "Silence of the Goats"?

Sorry (it was the first thing I thought of when you said you heard them going by).

Seriously what a magnanimous gesture.
    Kudos to you and your husband.

One month 6 days

User Info Menu

Sprat it was so nice meeting Peter and you. We sure had a great time at Xtabi. Wish we could have been at the party.

Timm and Glenda

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad

User Info Menu

Sprat, sorry I didn't make it, too many plans in one day ~ so happy for your great turnout~!

User Info Menu

I popped in for a little while in the evening, and yes there was definitely at least a hundred people there..it was my last night and I didn't stay long..it was my last night there and just had to go to the beach one last time that evening and let my toes say goodbye to the sea..but it was really good to meet some fellow boardies, particularly Sprat and Sweetness and Woodymon and I'm sorry if I left anyone out too..the curried goat was very good.