Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprats Yard Party @ DeBar....Big Success :)

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sprats Yard Party @ DeBar....Big Success :)

Well, when Friday arrived we pretty much had all the arrangements set for the party and we were ready! We got a call from 'Champ' at 6:30am in the morning that the boys weren't there to pick up the goats. Made a couple of the calls and they were on their way. The goats were up the lane from Xtabi...and around 7 am, I heard goats out front going by. We called Champ and they were pick up on a motorscooter....one on the front and one on the back....lol

I made it clear from the beginning that I did not want to see them before..... but I heard them yelling out to me as they went by....

We dropped up to DeBar early afternoon and the cooks were busy in the kitchen. The pots were on the fire, and the vegetables were ready to be chopped for the soup. The coconut was cut and ready for the rice and peas. There was going to be lots of food for everyone!

Eddie was stocking the bar and making sure there were lots of cold drinks in the cooler.

We left the yard and walked back to Xtabi to kick back and have a swim before the party.

User Info Menu

OOoo, I have heard goats crying before " dinner" and I didn't like it either.

Nice pics, keep them coming

User Info Menu

LOL Sprat! You sound exactly like me....."you made it very clear you did not want to see them before"
    I am right there with you!

This party and all that you and everyone else did for it just sounds amazing. I am so glad it was a success, and so glad everyone had fun.....maybe this will become a new tradition...and if so, I hope to make it there one day!

Can't wait to hear more, and see more!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

It was time to get dressed for the party and head up to De Bar before everyone started arriving. There were some people already there...and the place looked great. Pam was at the bar and Eddie and Trevor were getting working around. The meal consisted of mannish water ( goats head soup ), curried goat, salad and rice and peas and it was delicious. The food was ready right on time as the everyone arrived, mingled, grabbed and drink and headed to the kitchen.

Sweetness...is just that.... sooooo sweet! She arrived with a jug of sorrel and a wonderfully delicious looking cake. I was all over the place, greeting newbies, chatting with others and just trying to keep up...lol

Rosalind arrived a bit later and she brought some beautiful pumpkin cake. Both sweets were a hit and didn't last long. Thanks to you lovely ladies for providing the sweets. Glenna's husband contributed a 'BIG' bottle of vodka....and I think he needs to take some of the blame for the morning-after affects of a few of us!

Last edited by Sprat; 12-04-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Diane arrived shortly after 5pm and had the donation plant box for 'Tending the Garden'. It wasn't mandatory but the donations filled the box from all the boardies. Way to go guys and thanks for opening your hearts! It's always a good cause helping the children of Jamaica.

This is from Diane and DJ...

"Thanks Jackie (Sprat) for the party and the opportunity for TTGJ to raise much needed funds. THANKS to generous friends for their donations last night! There are good-minded people out there who see the value of helping the children. We've already earmarked the funds for the Glenislay ECI kitchen (Williamsfield). Be sure pictures will be posted so you can see your generosity at work. Blessings"

The soup was looking yummmmy.....

Rice and peas ready....

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Curried goat was scrumptous....

Jason ( Fathead) and his friend did all the cleaning, prepping and cooking of the goat. Last year I was at Fatheads birthday at 3 Dives...and I knew he was going to be the guy for this job. Thanks for all your hard work and feeding everyone! The plates were served up quickly and it was only good reviews on the food!

User Info Menu

I'm happy that the event went on without a hitch, Sprat. That curry goat looks fantastic.

User Info Menu

Congrats Jackie....so happy all went well...ya done good gyal!!

User Info Menu

that curry goat looks AMAZING!

my son liked mannish water until he saw it made - lol

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great time with lots of $$ raised. Hope to be able to attend a boardie gathering sometime.