Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Updated Map?

User Info Menu

Updated Map?

I’m sure most are aware of the great map of Negrils hotels and businesses someone created several years ago.
    Does anyone know if there is an updated one? We haven’t been out of Canada since Covid, and it seems there have been plenty of changes the last few years.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Updated Map?

Over time, I'd say the google map is getting more and more accurate.

Administrator

User Info Menu

As one of the Google Maps Local Guides, I have been spending time to correct the map that was terribly wrong 10 years ago.

The current Negril Google Map is rather accurate, giving walking and driving times between places. If I see a new place I add it, but there are still a few remnants of completely wrong locations and one in particular which I have begged Google to remove, Paynes Town on the middle the beach. Paynes Town is in St. Elizabeth.

If you happen to use Google maps and see Paynes Town, mark it as incorrect location. I have no clue why this is so difficult for Google since they actually have the correct location in St. Bess.

But the best map available for Negril is the Google Map.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    As one of the Google Maps Local Guides, I have been spending time to correct the map that was terribly wrong 10 years ago.

The current Negril Google Map is rather accurate, giving walking and driving times between places. If I see a new place I add it, but there are still a few remnants of completely wrong locations and one in particular which I have begged Google to remove, Paynes Town on the middle the beach. Paynes Town is in St. Elizabeth.

If you happen to use Google maps and see Paynes Town, mark it as incorrect location. I have no clue why this is so difficult for Google since they actually have the correct location in St. Bess.

But the best map available for Negril is the Google Map.
    Rob, thank you for your continual efforts behind the scenes to help make Negril our home away from home. I'm sure this ongoing map updating work is just one example of the boatload of tasks and efforts you do in the background for our Negril and visitor community with no expectation of reward .

User Info Menu

Yes . Thankyou Rob for all you do.

User Info Menu

Rob where can i fond your updated map?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica jack View Post
    Rob where can i fond your updated map?
    https://maps.google.com/

Type in Negril and you will see many options.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!