Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Typical cab costs from MBJ to Hilton Rose Hall

User Info Menu

Typical cab costs from MBJ to Hilton Rose Hall

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the Mobay board so my apologies if a similar question has recently been asked.

My friends are heading to Jamaica for the first time in late March, staying at the Hilton Rose Hall in Mobay. It will be about 9 total (5 adults and 4 kids ranging from 10 years to 1 year old). They've asked me the best way to get to their hotel since they don't have a dedicated shuttle. I typically stay in Negril, so don't really know the answer off the top of my head, so I was hoping someone had an idea of how much a cab typically costs for a 15 minute drive from the airport to the hotel (15 min based on what the hotel said). Basically I'm trying to find out if it's a better option than booking private transport which is what I've seen at about $160/roundtrip based on the size of the party -- which seems like a little high for such a short trip. I figure two cabs would be an option.

Last thing -- based on this being their first trip, they'd want a JUTA/official cab as opposed to the "unofficial" cab drivers which I've definitely used in the past, ha.

Thanks for any info!

ChrisR

User Info Menu

Re: Typical cab costs from MBJ to Hilton Rose Hall

No idea but I would ask for help from the Hilton Rose Hall. Just my $3.06 JMD.