Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Distilled Water

User Info Menu

Distilled Water

Does anywhere in Negril sell bottles or distilled water. My husband's CPAP machine uses it

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Distilled Water

Here is an thread that has a link to a excellent thread that discusses CPAP in detail as well as a link to a store in MoBay at Fairview Plaza (on your way to Negril) that specializes in CPAP water (filtered reverse osmosis water) in larger gallon containers.

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....-water-request
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

I have a cpap machine and haven't had any luck finding distilled water. With my machine, I have a water reservoir with a heating element that will get dirty from the minerals in spring water. So I just wipe it clean every couple of days with a paper towel and that works well enough for my machine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I have a cpap machine and haven't had any luck finding distilled water. With my machine, I have a water reservoir with a heating element that will get dirty from the minerals in spring water. So I just wipe it clean every couple of days with a paper towel and that works well enough for my machine.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    Does anywhere in Negril sell bottles or distilled water. My husband's CPAP machine uses it
    To answer your question, yes you can get distilled water in Negril. Just about every gas station has 1-liter bottles of it and it is available in MoBay in the gallon jugs. At the gas stations it's made by Tropical Battery and used to top up car batteries. It sounds weird but it is distilled water. Just a word of caution though, just take the top off and check that the seal inside is intact before you buy. I use it for a Nellie Pot. At Mega Mart or Shoppers Fair in MoBay, the gallon jugs are in the automotive section.

User Info Menu

I use tropical battery water also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    To answer your question, yes you can get distilled water in Negril. Just about every gas station has 1-liter bottles of it and it is available in MoBay in the gallon jugs. At the gas stations it's made by Tropical Battery and used to top up car batteries. It sounds weird but it is distilled water. Just a word of caution though, just take the top off and check that the seal inside is intact before you buy. I use it for a Nellie Pot. At Mega Mart or Shoppers Fair in MoBay, the gallon jugs are in the automotive section.
    Thanks very much!

User Info Menu

You can find it at the hardware store. They sell it for car batteries. Weird I know. Also, having used a CPAP I have found that the humidity is so high in Jamaica that you don't really need to use the machine with the water. I have been doing that for years with no issues. Have fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by prat sista View Post
    You can find it at the hardware store. They sell it for car batteries. Weird I know. Also, having used a CPAP I have found that the humidity is so high in Jamaica that you don't really need to use the machine with the water. I have been doing that for years with no issues. Have fun.
    Thanks for this!