Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New HiLo video!

User Info Menu

Re: New HiLo video!

Oh my…. it’s been three years since my last trip… prior to that we have gone every six months… now I’m getting excited over a grocery store video lol I MISS NEGRIl! hope to see you in February!!!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    We were there last month and they had Coke Zero in the smaller bottles.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, and even Diet 7-Up for that matter haven't been on the Island for a few years now. I haven't seen Coke Zero in Negril but a friend landed a few weeks ago and found it at Progressive in MoBay.
    Actually, I'll still find d.pepsi or d.coke at Mike's store, next to Best of the West (but only a bottle or 2 at a time)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Coke No Sugar (very hard to read black writing, but the black bottle caps are a dead giveaway) comes in all sizes at Value Master, small, regular, cans and two litre.

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I drink caffeine free Diet Coke with my rum here at home. I'm sure it is impossible to get in Negril. I've been caffeine for several years now, except for when I'm in Jamaica.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I drink caffeine free Diet Coke with my rum here at home. I'm sure it is impossible to get in Negril. I've been caffeine for several years now, except for when I'm in Jamaica.
    Over all the years I have been here I have seen caffeine free diet Coke maybe three times. Not in Negril but in places like Kingston and Mandeville.

There is no demand for it at all.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Over all the years I have been here I have seen caffeine free diet Coke maybe three times. Not in Negril but in places like Kingston and Mandeville.

There is no demand for it at all.
    Yup. I've learned over they years to do Diet Coke and rum in the day and rum punch later in the day so I can sleep at night. Ha
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msbaltimore View Post
    Nice video. Thanks for the walk-through!
    We be walking thru in a few hours…. Then Maybe see ya at Happy Hour.

User Info Menu

We just returned 1 AM yesterday and made two stops at the new Hi-Lo. We're 17 year veterans and regularly patronize Mega-Mart, then Cambio excetera, but this trip decided to skip Mega Mart.

In the same plaza as the new Hi-L, just two doors down is a pharmacy with a Cambio in the back of the store and we always buy rubbing alcohol at a pharmacy. So we hit the Cambio first, then while in the pharmacy picked up the rubbing alcohol, then to Hi-Lo. This was great, all in one stop, at one location we were able to get all our incidentals. I suspect the rate at the cambio will not be the greatest, but still better than Scotia Bank and no waiting when we stopped enroute to the West end. Anything I can do to limit time running errands while on vacation I'm all about, so we've found out new arrival routine.

User Info Menu

I have used a Scotia bank debit card at the Scotia bank ATM for years and the rate is always better than the cambio.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!