Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Looking for good experiences renting cars recently

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Looking for good experiences renting cars recently

Last few years I used Smart car rental in Hopewell. Unfortunately they didn’t survive Covid business slump. I have a reservation with Avis at the airport but I am still looking. Anybody have great experiences recently?

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for good experiences renting cars recently

We have used TimeLess Car Rental in Mobay last month. Car was in great condition, they came and picked us up from the hotel and brought us to the office and upon return they dropped us off at the airport. Their office is close to MBJ. We had no trouble with the car so I do not know how they deal with that but for us it was a good experience renting the car.
    Driving it was a whole other thing but that had more to do with the state of the roads and driving left, not with the car

User Info Menu

We haven't rented a car in years but when we did, we would take a shuttle (or driver) to Negril, then rent locally from Vernon's. Then one year at Tensing Pen, we realized that the car stayed parked in the lot for about 99% of our stay. That was the last time. Now if we decide on a day trip somewhere we hire a driver. (shout out to Niah at LTU and P.T. at Catcha).

User Info Menu

My husband and father in law won’t even drive and they live there lol! I would have a heart attack.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Driving here does take a little getting used to, but if you can manage Negril and Sav the rest of the island is a breeze.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Years ago when I was young and dumb(er), I would rent motorcycles while in Negril. I ride / drive in NYC, so Negril wasn't too much worse. Now, less dumb, I can enjoy myself, drink, party and not have to worry about driving. There's always a ride and it's much more convenient this way.

User Info Menu

John I could never drive in NYC! I lived there for 8 years and never once drove. I would probably run someone over omg!