Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Brunch at the yard

User Info Menu

Brunch at the yard

Linston took me out to the yard for my favorite meal. Ackee, salt fish, yam, boiled banana and dumplin,.

The drink is sorrel and is traditional holiday drink.

I'm stuffed........
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Looks good Cap....glad you had a nice visit with family!

User Info Menu

This is the food I yearn for!! I love all the food at Seastar but this trip I am going to be going out alot more to eat Yardie food!
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

The really special thing is that it's fried in scrubbed (home made) coconut oil from our own trees. There is no comparison when it's fried in regular cooking oil.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

my favorite, too--with the addition of callaloo! Looks delish. Somehow in all my trips I haven't been able to try sorrel yet--another reason to get back to Negril when I can.

User Info Menu

omg, it looks delish!! Gotta say, I would need me some callaloo too!! Mi fav!!! With a touch of hot pepper please. Captain, fresh coconut oil is the BEST!! Nothing any better and much healthier for you than one would think. When it is done up naturally....good stuff!!

Tawnee, can't wait to see you again and celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary. I, too, love SS food, but I truly adore yardie food. I think I might mention to Chris, that a few yardie meals would be a nice addition. Their JA breakfast is da bomb at SS. But, maybe a lunch item or two of yardie food would be a nice addition. Can't wait to be back. I am so excited that I can't stand miself!!

Anyhow, Captain, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Izel put callalo on the plate but I ate it before the picture...........

I love cooked dark green stuff....
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

A Jamaican school boy breakfast is what my friends call that plate, love dumplings.

At the farm this year Fidel had White Sorrel, I am curious as to what the plant will look like at maturity and how it will be used. I have only witnessed the red sorrel drink.
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.