Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Amazon

User Info Menu

Amazon

Wondering if anyone has ever purchased anything online and had it delivered to their address in Negril via Amazon. Wondering if this is a possibility.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Amazon

It is possible. I have never done it but those I asked who have done it say they used a third party shipping company. You sign up with them and use their US address to have the products sent from Amazon. They determine with Customs the duty and give you a final price. You pay and then they fly it to Jamaica and a local courier service (DHL, etc.) will deliver it to your door.

My neighbor tried to order through Amazon and went through the roof when he got the final price. He could order the product from Pricesmart in Kingston and have it delivered for nearly half the price. Pricesmart is affiliated with Costco as they sell Kirkland brand items.

Remember that you will have to pay for the flight and the ground delivery as well as the Customs duty. If you can get it here, it is always the better solution.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob, your answer translates to "forget about it", which is what I wanted to know.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I dropped into an office that was advertising taking deliveries from Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc, they said 50% of the cost of the item would cover delivery to their location (not door to door) for pick-up plus would cover customs and duty. They had an address in Ft. Lauderdale to send it to and then it goes by air cargo to Jamaica. 50% of the retail sound a little steep. Guess I won't be getting that 70" big screen.

I have been using and am really happy with a Jamaican company called RTABIZ. Delivery is to their office in Miami and then air cargo to Ja. I have ordered many car parts for delivery here. Anything less than $50 USD in value doesn't usually trigger a customs charge. A 1 lbs inexpensive car part was $800J for shipping and handling and they put it on the Knutsford for delivery here which was another $800J