Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Early coffee?

User Info Menu

Early coffee?

We will be staying at Coco on our next reach. I am an early riser and must have my coffee fix. Does Coco or some place nearby have coffee at 5 or 6 am?

User Info Menu

Re: Early coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTramp View Post
    We will be staying at Coco on our next reach. I am an early riser and must have my coffee fix. Does Coco or some place nearby have coffee at 5 or 6 am?
    You should have a coffee maker in your room

User Info Menu

BeachTramp,
    As bikescott said, there is a coffee maker in your room. The packets left by Coco are okay.
    If you want better coffee, the new Hi Lo Grocery store is 500 meters north along Norman Manley Blvd at the Boardwalk Shopping Village and you can buy what ever brand of coffee you want and any other condiments.
    Most mornings by 7am the Coco Kitchen staff has coffee available.

Don't forget the world famous Coco Banana Bread!!!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

We aren’t super early risers, but we will be packing a small elec kettle, along with a coffee press. We tend to drink a lot of morning coffee, will be far cheaper for us to prepare in our room.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I knew they had coffee makers in the room but the wife likes to sleep later. I try not to disturb her if I have other options.

User Info Menu

South along the beach ten minutes or so you'll find Whistling Bird. They had coffee going early last winter vacation.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTramp View Post
    I knew they had coffee makers in the room but the wife likes to sleep later. I try not to disturb her if I have other options.
    Early coffee mornings are my favorite in Jamaica Can be hard to find early @ most locations
    I have found it prudent to be self reliant/early coffee riser. Have supplies
    I set it up in the bathroom if the wifey is sleeping, then slip out for first light.
    Filters are a big plus to have. Coco has basic in room set ups, but get your own personal fixings.
    You may want a larger mug or hot bev thingy.

Just my 2ยข on early coffee needs; not best shop or beans Etc.

Peace

User Info Menu

Hi-Lo has a great coffee selection. I used to pay a premium for Blue Mountain beans. Then i tried the lower-priced high mountain coffee (same coffee grown at lower altitude) and could taste little difference if at all. Now when we get to LTU i walk right down to Wise Mart and get whatever high mountain is ground so our first morning cup is not the packets in the room.