Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US$ or J$?

User Info Menu

Re: US$ or J$?

I carry both. If the prices are in $J that’s what I pay with. If the prices are $US that’s what I use.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Any recommendations for a Cambio enroute to or in Negril? I prefer one with some privacy during the transaction as I was followed after changing a few hundred US. There used to be a good one next to the old Hi-Lo, but it closed. The one across from Kentucky Fried has no privacy.. speaking of which I changed money in Lucea with the Asian owner at the grocery store.. that definitely had no privacy. I felt terrible as there were Jamaicans bartering with him over a bottle of water.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    Any recommendations for a Cambio enroute to or in Negril? I prefer one with some privacy during the transaction as I was followed after changing a few hundred US. There used to be a good one next to the old Hi-Lo, but it closed. The one across from Kentucky Fried has no privacy.. speaking of which I changed money in Lucea with the Asian owner at the grocery store.. that definitely had no privacy. I felt terrible as there were Jamaicans bartering with him over a bottle of water.
    The most private cambio in Negril is just out past the Texico station heading toward Sheffield. Banmark Cambio has booths that keep all transactions private as possible.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The most private cambio in Negril is just out past the Texico station heading toward Sheffield. Banmark Cambio has booths that keep all transactions private as possible.
    Thanks Rob!

User Info Menu

Rob, where is the closest cambio to rockhouse? Is the Banmark on the west end still there?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    Rob, where is the closest cambio to rockhouse? Is the Banmark on the west end still there?
    Banmark is closed. Nearest cambio is FX Trader in King's Plaza.

User Info Menu

There is a very private cambio inside the pharmacy at the boardwalk plaza where the new Hilo is now located
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

is there a scotia bank cambio at the new hi lo ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    is there a scotia bank cambio at the new hi lo ?
    No, the only Scotia Bank "cambio" is the bank itself. There are no Scotia cambios.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    Check with RH…they will exchange money for guests at a decent rate