Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Form

User Info Menu

Immigration Form

It appears the online immigration form is no longer required. Is that true? We always fill out the paper version on the plane as well. FYI the Visit Jamaica site has changed completely from the last two years. If you haven’t already you should check it out.

User Info Menu

Re: Immigration Form

I do both and keep the airplane form as back up in case they can't find the online form.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Travel Authorization form is no longer required and has been removed from the website. That is different than the form you can fill out on the plane.

The plane form, Immigration and Customs form (C5) can be filled out online in advance and was never required but encouraged.

The JTB states "Travellers will be processed through Immigration and Customs. For faster processing on arrival, travellers are encouraged to submit their Immigration/Customs card online at https://enterjamaica.com and may do so at any time prior to arrival."
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you Rob. The link to the online form is what I couldn’t seem to find. Just 5 sleeps til sun and sand!!

User Info Menu

On our trip just 3 weeks ago I filled out the forms online. Rob is correct that is what the web site says. In addition we were told while in flight that we did not need to fill it out if we did it online. So I did not fill out the paper version back up as usual. Needless to say our immigration officer said that is not true we need to fill out the paper version. He was nice about it and helped us quickly fill it out while we were at his booth. I am not sure who is right but next time I will do both.

User Info Menu

There's some confusion between the Travel Authorization Form and the Immigration Form in this thread.
    The Travel Authorization Form is no longer required so we'll stop discussing that here.

The Immigration Form that has always been required and is normally filled out during your flight to Jamaica, can now be filled out online in advance....but....
    the problem with filling out the Immigration Form online happens when you get up to the Jamaican Immigration Officers and they don't recognize that you've filled out the Form online.
    Until Immigration in Jamaica gets everything 'fully' online...it's still best to fill in the paper form while you're on the plane coming into Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I do both and keep the airplane form as back up in case they can't find the online form.
    I second that.
    Just did our online ones.

Duplicity helps simplicity.

User Info Menu

Another friendly hint - grab a few extra forms from the arrivals hall for next visits. This has saved us precious minutes a few times when they ran out or didn't stock the forms on the airplane.

User Info Menu

They are also picky about the condition of the form from the airplane. I handed my form over last year and it had a slight tear in the corner and they wouldn't accept it. I thought they were kidding and I had to redo a fresh one in line. They don't like them folded or bent either.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    They are also picky about the condition of the form from the airplane. I handed my form over last year and it had a slight tear in the corner and they wouldn't accept it. I thought they were kidding and I had to redo a fresh one in line. They don't like them folded or bent either.
    Truth. We usually keep them nice and neat in a magazine (the reading kind).