Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Oxtail

User Info Menu

Oxtail

Staying at Travellers....any recommendations on where to go for oxtail?

User Info Menu

Re: Oxtail

I eat at a lot of the mom and pop restaurants on the west end and they rarely have it on the menu. However many will make it for you if you give them a day notice. I have never had bad oxtail; always tender as can be and flavorful. Just remember it is on the pricey end. So my recommendation would be to find a small restaurant you like and ask if they can make it for you the next day.
    We brought home some E-Z Spice Oxtail seasoning and make our own a couple of times a year. We get oxtail (about $7 a pound) at either Walmart or our local grocery when they have it. Each year we travel with 4 other couples to Virginia and when it was our turn to cook for the group we did a Jamaican theme with oxtail, rice and peas, plantains and sorrell. It was a big hit as no one ever had oxtail before.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

the very best is Jeans at the end of 1 mile across from Drifters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    Staying at Travellers....any recommendations on where to go for oxtail?
    Pushcart at Rockhouse and Miss Lily's at Skylark have oxtail on their menus.
    I've really enjoyed it from a few other places also...but it's hit or miss whether it's available.
    Sweet Spot on the beach road has a really delicious version if it's on the menu that day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Pushcart at Rockhouse and Miss Lily's at Skylark have oxtail on their menus.
    I've really enjoyed it from a few other places also...but it's hit or miss whether it's available.
    Sweet Spot on the beach road has a really delicious version if it's on the menu that day.
    Other places that (usually) serve oxtail are Sips and Bites (west end) and Sweet Spice (left at the roundabout). Although it's been 2-3 years since I've made it to Sips and Bites and longer than that for Sweet Spice. Sweet Spice is indoor dining.

User Info Menu

Sweet Spice would be my vote. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

I've had great oxtail at Pushcart, Tip Top and Tree House.