Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Canadian Currency Exchange Currently?

User Info Menu

Canadian Currency Exchange Currently?

Anyone able to tell me what the going rate is in Negril for Canadian currently. Trying to decide to do it here in Canada or in Negril. OR just stay with USD.

Thanks
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Canadian Currency Exchange Currently?

Today's rate is $105.20j to $1 Canadian. You can always get the current rate at:

https://fxtrader.gkmsonline.com/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob, Thanks for the insight!
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

We bought ours in Toronto yesterday and the rate Rob quoted was what very close to what we paid at our Bank. Scotiabank.

User Info Menu

I have never thought of buying Js in Canada. Did you have to pre-order? I highly doubt my bank would have them lol. How long did it take?
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandman66 View Post
    I have never thought of buying Js in Canada. Did you have to pre-order? I highly doubt my bank would have them lol. How long did it take?
    Yes, you do have to pre-order - I think it is 3 business days, but I usually do it a few weeks before. I get mine from RBC (who allows you to place foreign currency orders online), and when I order I can choose either small bills, large bills or a mix. I've found the exchange rate is always quite comparable to what you would get in Jamaica when withdrawing from an ATM, without the lineup!

User Info Menu

We pre ordered. Our branch orders Friday and we will have it the following Wednesday. We specified the denominations we wanted. We order what we planned to use for the time we are there. Wife doesn’t want to go to the atm. We had. Some long waits in the past.