Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Island Happenings

User Info Menu

Re: Green Island Happenings

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Rhodes Hall has been closed since before the pandemic. It has been sold and will become a thousand room resort. That is in addition to all the other construction taking place Orange Bay and Green Island. From the Observer:

"On the cards for further development are close to 5,000 new rooms to include a 1,000-room hotel at Rhodes Hall, a new property at Ocean Point, and expansion of the Princess, Palladium, Sandals, and Beaches properties."

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news...ns-for-negril/

Much more of the work will be done using local labour because of all the complaints about the pre-pandemic work being done by foreign labour.

Knowing the manager of the Negril/Green Island Area Land Authority, she will be keeping close tabs on the plans for the development. They have to meet the environmental laws presently in place.
    I'm sorry to hear about the 1,000 rooms at Rhodes Hall. I hope that it doesn't affect Half Moon Beach which is such a lovely quiet place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tahrheel View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the 1,000 rooms at Rhodes Hall. I hope that it doesn't affect Half Moon Beach which is such a lovely quiet place.
    I agree with you. Half Moon is not very far from the proposed construction. It is a fantastic place.

User Info Menu

Half Moon Beach...is that the spot Mark moved the Hurricane Bar before he died?