Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The latest SOE was not extended, ends Tuesday.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The latest SOE was not extended, ends Tuesday.

The PM announced SOE (State of Emergency) was not extended by the Jamaican Senate and ends in two days. It ran/run from Nov. 15th to 29th.

The exact same thing happened last year, coincidentally on the exact same dates.

SOE caused traffic delays will be nothing to worry about after Tuesday.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: The latest SOE was not extended, ends Tuesday.

That’s great, absolute pain in the you know what. Added at least 30 minutes to the trip with two stops between MoBay and Negril. Excellent trip though!

User Info Menu

30 minutes added to your trip. Let see 30 minutes = 1 Red Stripe, do the math.

Personally, I'd rather have the SOE driving the underworld back into their holes where they came from, for just that extra feeling of security.

User Info Menu

@brownsd54 - Sounds like you need to drink faster; lest your beer get warm.
    Johio

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    30 minutes added to your trip. Let see 30 minutes = 1 Red Stripe, do the math.

Personally, I'd rather have the SOE driving the underworld back into their holes where they came from, for just that extra feeling of security.
    I would too, if it worked. But the last five years statistics prove otherwise.

An SOE was called on the exact same date last year, and not extended. During last year's SOE, the rate went up. As it did the year before and the year before that.

BUT, every year there is a World Cup the rate goes down. This is a World Cup year.

Food for thought....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    @brownsd54 - Sounds like you need to drink faster; lest your beer get warm.
    I'm Canadian. We have to drink our beer fast or it'll freeze. Well, 8 months of the year any way.