It’s a new day bright sunny and hot hot!
John and I are under in and all round the car trying to install the new clutch cable, Franklin is here to talking us through the operation, and on the ready to go get any other tools we may need. But it feels like we are not doing anything but sweating.
We get both end connected and are ready to try it. I push the clutch peddle in and not snap or pop,ok.
I am able to shift the gears, now I start the car and put it in gear ok, Franklin gives out his “no problem mon” with a smile.
We hope in the car for a test drive and Franklin said go up the road it will be easy to push it back down the road to the yard, he comes along too for extra man power it we need it, we go up the road and back it’s fixed.
We park it and think we should not use is until we had to drive back to Mobay. So yard art it is again.
The next day we do have to call JAL to save our sets, John said let’s drive because one one wanted to take a walk and we can go to the beach one more time ok.
There is a line at the phone booth not really a booth just a pay phone on a pole I thing, I get in line and thankfully it is not as long and slow as the bank line was earlier in the week, I make the call an get in the car we now have meat patty’s and beer and head for the beach.
We park the car and I look at the front tire and it has a bubble on the side wall not good the car is grounded for sure now, we hope it makes it to the airport with out a blow out.
We are sitting on the porch relaxing like you can do in Negril and I say we have not seen Gladstone lately.