Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Stories Of Negril and the Westend

User Info Menu

Glad you enjoyed your time at the Grand Pineapple! That's where we stayed for our first trip to Negril. I agree that there was definitely a predictable pack movement. Beach, Buffet, Beach, Buffet, Sunset, Buffet, Bar, bed. wake up and repeat. - It was kind of nice though as I'd never experienced that kind of relaxation before! I didn't have to worry about finding food or drinks or a good place to lounge. It was all there. I also liked that Alfreds was next door and the location made it easy to walk anywhere you wanted. I agree about the Europeans.I noticed that too! I was the only American there.. with the exception of three girls from Long Island. There was a cool british crowd that we enjoyed hanging with. I noticed that the french didn't really mingle with the Germans. Everyone kind of stuck with their language group.

Did you get to meet Ralston, Patrick, Andy the bartender, Dahlia at the front desk, Davina, Kenneil the event coordinator? I'd love to hear how the GP staff is doing. They went above and beyond to make our stay amazing. I wish I could go back tomorrow!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Yeh, it was a good place, we just like the simpler quieter existance out on the West End

User Info Menu

Summer got in the way and I never got back to the summer trip. We finished at Xtabi. Like Blue Cave Castle, we enjoy the quiet and beauty of the sea here. Lots of nearby coral and sea life when snorkeling. Xtabi's funky bungalo's along the cliff's are perfect for relaxing. I like all the access points into the water as well. This was my second May trip to Negril and I noticed again all the small fish that surround the coast at this time. Its so wild to swim through them and have them swarm around you. Even more fun when you cannonball into the middle of a group of them. Its looks like I will be returning sometime in the next few weeks. Can't Wait. Irie Vibs for all

User Info Menu

For the first time since our very first trip to Jamaica, we took a bus to Negril. It was part of our package from The Grande Pineapple, our friend Victor came two hours after us, so we gave it a try. What a mistake! I had heard from other people about 3 hour rides to Negril, But I thought they were exagerating. Oh No, they were right! Okay, mine was "Only 2 1/2 hours"! This was only because 70% of the passengers were dropped off at one place. Most were Russian, and only one other couple plus a Jamaican hitching a ride, even spoke english. The bus driver tried to tell stories and tired jokes, while the bus stood in silence. It was Erie not Irie. We hired a driver for the return ride. Soooo much better. We were at the airport in Mobay within an hour and 15 minutes. All the way with a Cold Red Stripe in one hand and a (You know what) in the other. If only I could do the same all the way home.

User Info Menu

Wow, 3 hour rides to Negril were back before the highway was built/finished. I always have someone pick me up but I have to do a "quick escape" this season for a few days and am going to try the JUTA bus on my way "home". I'm actually looking forward to it - if I have to leave the island as I do, I might as well have a little fun with it.