Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face masks

User Info Menu

Face masks

What is the etiquette regarding masking in Negril right now? Are visitors expected to wear a mask in stores or restaurants? Are staff required to mask up? Thanks.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Re: Face masks

No masks required and no longer drenched in rubbing alcohol. You will see some in use around town and especially flying right now due to the flu and holiday Covid surge. Pretty much like anywhere else you travel right now.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Face masks, including in banks and government buildings are optional.

If you choose not to wear a mask, no one will accost you. Likewise, is you choose to wear a mask, no one will think anything of it.

If you have pre-existing conditions, don't be foolhardy and refuse a mask. If you don't want to wear one, no one will stop you.

It is a personal choice that no one will criticize you about. To each their own.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Also, don't make it into a political issue if a place asks you to mask. You don't know who might have what pre-existing condition that would make aa COVID infection life-threatening. I have a good friend who appears perfectly healthy but is in the middle of a multiple year course of chemotherapy, and needs to be very careful.

User Info Menu

Just got back from Negril. Went from the beach to the cliffs multiple times, no masks required anywhere we went. At the Airport they are asking you to sanitize your hands upon arrival and entering the airport.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

How was overall safety in Negril and Westmoreland? SOE in effect? If so, did you notice the presence of SOE protocol there? We are headed to Negril next Wednesday.
    Barbara

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmsmith View Post
    How was overall safety in Negril and Westmoreland? SOE in effect? If so, did you notice the presence of SOE protocol there? We are headed to Negril next Wednesday.
    Barbara
    Barbara,

The safety is as you have always experienced in Negril. The last SOE I did not see one JDF soldier on patrol. I posted more detail in your previous thread about Safety in Negril. Give it a click.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

None of my family in Jamaica wears one and none of our friends. It’s a personal choice and needs to stay that way. Not sure what politics has to do with any of that. More than half the people on planes don’t wear masks and same with the airport’s. If they make my kids wear them again I’ll pull them out of school.

User Info Menu

There are a few places that still require masking up. Went to the Singer Store in Sav and they made us wear a mask. It would be a good idea just to have one tucked away just in case. Like wrtiii says, you can yell and scream, jump up and down, or just put a mask on.

User Info Menu

Don't worry yourself bmsmith. Been here since October and as Rob says, it's as safe as it has all ways been. Main stream media in Canada and the USA are making a big deal out of nothing. I said this before bmsmith, "Jamaica is a beautiful country and all is well", doesn't make a good headline. If you don't play in "risky behavior" then you guys will be just fine.