Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelers beach couple questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Travelers beach couple questions

We have never stayed at travelers beach primarily not crazy about the small beach area but have had lunch there several times and spent a bit of time at the pool .
    We know the owner is involved with helping the local kids.
    Any one stayed there and like to comment on the rooms and any other info
    Thank you

User Info Menu

Re: Travelers beach couple questions

anyone ever stay at travelers beach hotel ?

User Info Menu

Phenomenal place to stay. Lots of remodeling done the last few years. Rooms are nice and super clean. Great Pool. Great bar. Nice Gym and game room. There is a Watersports and Dive Shop on property. Fantastic and attentive staff. They have nightly activities if you want to stay on property. Most of the staff have been there for years. They have top notch security and are very attentive to their guests. We stay there twice a year since 2008. The Wellington family that owns the hotel are awesome and are big part of the local community and are quite the philanthropists as well. Feel free if you have specific questions. Wife and I's fav place to stay on the beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin Mon View Post
    Phenomenal place to stay. Lots of remodeling done the last few years. Rooms are nice and super clean. Great Pool. Great bar. Nice Gym and game room. There is a Watersports and Dive Shop on property. Fantastic and attentive staff. They have nightly activities if you want to stay on property. Most of the staff have been there for years. They have top notch security and are very attentive to their guests. We stay there twice a year since 2008. The Wellington family that owns the hotel are awesome and are big part of the local community and are quite the philanthropists as well. Feel free if you have specific questions. Wife and I's fav place to stay on the beach.
    Wow great info thanks! i’ve been wondering myself how the place is!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    We have never stayed at travelers beach primarily not crazy about the small beach area but have had lunch there several times and spent a bit of time at the pool .
    Thank you
    I've never stayed there but my cousins have stayed there on multiple trips and also lots of friends so I've spent some time there. They always book one of the suites -- The bedroom area is very large and spacious while the kitchen and living room is smaller but enough room for large groups. I've always like the fact that the Wellington family clearly put their profits back into the property. It is well manicured and staff are very friendly and helpful. Over the past 2 years, I've noticed the beach area being a lot bigger than normal. I've seen it where only a lounge chair can fit but now, it's has more beach front. I stay at Negril Beach Club and many of the guests there go to Travelers for meals, especially breakfast, which I've been told is very good. I've had dinner there a few times and it was okay - I realize meals are only as good as the chef that night so maybe others have enjoyed their meals.

User Info Menu

we will check out the beach this coming trip.the small beach its why we have not stayed there

User Info Menu

It’s a well run place, agree on the bedroom in the suites, huge, but we moved to regular room because found it was noisy in mornings from deliveries as suites at rear. Plus only in room when can’t be on beach so cheaper room was good for us.
    Main drawback for us is as mentioned narrow beach, but also if you a beach walker loving to experience all the flavour of beach bars and unique personalities, you only have one direction to walk each day so see same places. a spot more in middle gives option to go left or right each day, but that being said good place to stay.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

User Info Menu

It's a decent place and the owner puts money back into it. The rooms are basic but updated and clean. Food is above average for a hotel. Their pool with the swimup bar and waterfall is the best in that section of the beach which makes up for the small beach front area there. Of course a lot of Traveller's guests just walk right over to Negril Beach Club Condos and use their huge beach area while patronizing the bar there. The bar/restaurant in between Travellers and NBCC has very good food and also offers 24 hour karaoke. Overall Travellers is really a great value place to stay. When I bring the group down each year for the Real Jamaica Islandwide Vybz Party Travellers is where I send people once Negril Beach Club Condos has sold out for the week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Thank you
    We stayed there last year and loved it. Will definitely be returning and just booked. We were in a superior queen room and it was spotless and very comfortable. The refrigerator in the room was invaluable to store some drinks and grocery items we picked at the nearby HiLo supermarket
    Great staff and security and small enough that staff got to know you. The owners are constantly renovating and updating the property. Very happy to have found this hotel
    Last edited by Ratty2141; 01-16-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Negril.com actually started officially on the Travellers beach! Here is one of our first pages showing the Beingee's Boutique Shop that sold "email related services". There was no "internet business" category so this was the only way to set up a legal company at the time.

https://www.realnegril.com/beingees/behist01.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!