Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Spending A Month (January)

User Info Menu

Spending A Month (January)

Hi Folks

After at least 20 trips to Jamaica starting in 1992 (all 2 weeks or less) we are wondering if, as retirees, we could spend a month in Negril. Our needs would be… 1 bedroom, a small kitchen or kitchenette, on the beach (or across the beach road for an exceptional property), with AC and good security. Although we like spending time on the cliffs we are beach people. All of these are non negotiable for us. Point Village and Negril Country Club are too far from the main beach. What places would be best to contact for prices and any idea on a monthly accommodation budget?

User Info Menu

Re: Spending A Month (January)

I would suggest the newly renovated cottages at Travellers

User Info Menu

Negril beach club condos, book through Jean.

User Info Menu

Some of the Negril Beach Club Condos have private owners now and you can rent from them. Many of the units have been recently renovated. Jean Gaynair also rents out a lot of them. They have good security, a gift shop, small party store with a sandwich shop, bar restaurant, and laundry service on site. Along with a large beach area they also have a pool. Their studio units are essentially a standard hotel room with a small kitchen attached. The one bedroom units have a bedroom and living room to go along with the kitchen. You can email Jean or staff at negrilcondo@hotmail.com or look for independent owners renting theirs on AirBNB and some of the Negril Facebook groups.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I will look at those options.

User Info Menu

Off the top of my head...there's also Rayon Hotel, Coral Seas Garden and White Sands with kitchens or kitchenettes for long stays.

User Info Menu

Thanks Bnewb. For some reason Rayon has always caught our eye as we walked by. Always looked lush and well kept. We actually walked in and around the pool area once. Suits our eye for some reason. I assume they have no beach access, but Sunbeach is just across the street??? for a red stripe and a swim.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ColdInNB View Post
    Thanks Bnewb. For some reason Rayon has always caught our eye as we walked by. Always looked lush and well kept. We actually walked in and around the pool area once. Suits our eye for some reason. I assume they have no beach access, but Sunbeach is just across the street??? for a red stripe and a swim.
    Easy access across the street to Sunbeach. 👍

User Info Menu

I’ll check it out for you while when I’m there this week. ��