Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where be the rum mon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Where be the rum mon?

Me and my friends have been searching everywhere for a decently priced bottle of rum to no avail. My favourite is Appletons which I believe is Kingston something now. We may have to break down and spend some cash but anyone got any ideas?

User Info Menu

Re: Where be the rum mon?

Quote Originally Posted by stoner5 View Post
    Me and my friends have been searching everywhere for a decently priced bottle of rum to no avail. My favourite is Appletons which I believe is Kingston something now. We may have to break down and spend some cash but anyone got any ideas?
    Kingston 62 is Appleton Estates flagship rum. It's available in Negril just about every where like the new HiLo. Appleton Signature, Appleton Reserve, and Appleton 12 are next in line depending on age and have not been seen for a while on the shelves. Appleton is now owned by an Italian company called Campari and as I understand it, the European market has discovered the taste of Appleton and love it, so most of the product is sent overseas.

Funny story, my wife and I just took a cruise ship cruise out of MoBay and one of the stops was in Panama. The duty free shop at the port had Appleton 12 for $38 USD. Guys got to go all the to Panama to bring some good Jamaican rum back to Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Kingston 62 is the new name for Appleton Special. Good for mixing. Not so much for sipping.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    Kingston 62 is the new name for Appleton Special. Good for mixing. Not so much for sipping.
    Ok thanks guys. I will continue my quest.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stoner5 View Post
    Ok thanks guys. I will continue my quest.
    Found it downtown across the side street from the Scotia ATMs at Gold Star Supermarket. First place I checked.

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

How's the supply of chocolate rum cream?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Found it downtown across the side street from the Scotia ATMs at Gold Star Supermarket. First place I checked.

Excellent!

User Info Menu

One Mile (near Drifters) has 62 on the shelf. I think it was $30 US. HiLo and Value Master have White only.

User Info Menu

One mile is out of 1 ltr. Gold. 750 ml. 3700 jm about $26 US. He said he would discount a volume sale.

User Info Menu

HiLo at Boardwalk has K 62 Gold, ask at the service desk $25 ltr.