Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Football on the Beach

User Info Menu

Football on the Beach

Is there a spot to watch the football games this weekend on the beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Football on the Beach

Well the local cable network, FLOW, doesn't have NFL licensing for the regular network affiliates (CBS,NBC or FOX, but if on ESPN you'll get it). WIth the games being on CBS and Fox only places with the NFL ticket will have it (like Margaritaville). If you don't mind a taxi drive, Natural Mystic has the NFL Ticket on the West End too.

User Info Menu

Who Dey?

User Info Menu

The only way to get it is to stream it from whatever source you can from. Some places are doing this of course but the quality can be shaky. I hooked my computer up to Cocolapalm's bar tv 2 weeks ago when I got a VPN and then I used an HDMI cable and it worked perfectly and had a perfect picture. I used my direct tv streaming service with the VPN. I am going to always carry an HDMI cable until NFL and Flow get this resolved.

User Info Menu

You can try the Flamingle Beach Bar (next to Grand Pineapple). We watched American NFL and college football for the past month. Had to borrow a firestick to get some channels.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luddy12 View Post
    Is there a spot to watch the football games this weekend on the beach?
    I watched last week's games at Rondell - their newly named Jaybird Bar has been renovated with new cable/internet service - all games were available. And their happy hour with free finger food and jello shots cannot be beat!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    The only way to get it is to stream it from whatever source you can from. Some places are doing this of course but the quality can be shaky. I hooked my computer up to Cocolapalm's bar tv 2 weeks ago when I got a VPN and then I used an HDMI cable and it worked perfectly and had a perfect picture. I used my direct tv streaming service with the VPN. I am going to always carry an HDMI cable until NFL and Flow get this resolved.
    English please for our non-techies?

User Info Menu

Rob I hope you will be representing with your Bengals gear! WHO DEY
    Peace

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j&k View Post
    Rob I hope you will be representing with your Bengals gear! WHO DEY
    Peace
    Wearing it proudly! Been a fan since Virgil Carter!