Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Help for a fellow traveler in need

User Info Menu

Help for a fellow traveler in need

Hi everyone, just heard of a visitor from Canada who had a medical emergency and was airlifted out of Jamaica. I know he is from Saskatchewan, and his luggage is still at Vickitini. If anyone would be able to help with getting his bags back to Canada, the family could arrange pickup. If anyone is willing to help, just respond, I will work on getting contact info on both ends. Thanks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Help for a fellow traveler in need

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi everyone, just heard of a visitor from Canada who had a medical emergency and was airlifted out of Jamaica. I know he is from Saskatchewan, and his luggage is still at Vickitini. If anyone would be able to help with getting his bags back to Canada, the family could arrange pickup. If anyone is willing to help, just respond, I will work on getting contact info on both ends. Thanks.
    Here is a service to check out - they deal with luggage only:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...service.html#/

Most people are probably already at their luggage limit, this company bypasses that limitation.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I know things might be a little hectic at the family home but if you can make contact with them, have them their travel insurance policy. Most policies if not all have a clause about returning luggage left behind after an emergency. That might be easier, faster and the luggage will be delivered right to the home. With someone else bring the bags home, I'm not sure how that would work with Canada Customs.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Rob and brownsd54. Very useful, I’ll pass it on.