Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

User Info Menu

Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

Inflation is everywhere but I was somewhat surprised to see places like 1 Fusion Negril (Old Errols) and The Sandbox Bar (New bar closer to ocean at NBCC) charging $1,000-1,200 JMD per mixed drink. If it were a stiff tall one I would not complain so much but a single shot in a little plastic cup for that price led me to borrowing a friend's cooler for the rest of the week and mixing my own drinks on the beach. I expect that at places like Ricks and Margarittaville but not down at this part of the beach.

User Info Menu

Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

I hear you. Grey Goose or a Jack Daniels will set you back 10$ or more in many places. I ordered a wine at a lovely place on the beach and it was nothing fancy and it was 15$ but the worst part was the pour was maybe 3 ounces. Never again.

User Info Menu

Wow. That is some high priced wine.

User Info Menu

Yeah, My stay from this season to last season went up about 30% in food and drink (the cost of the hotel and flight was about the same)!

User Info Menu

When calculating the price of your drinks, please don't forget to factor in the magnificent views and cool vibe that can only be found in Negril!
    Inflation is everywhere and Negril is no exception, but it is an exceptional location!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

I have learned my lesson to always ask first what the price is because the 3$ stripe tastes much better then the 7$ one...ha

User Info Menu

It always astounds me when people will pay $8-$10 a beer in the states with a view of a wall or outside busy street... And for an ocean view and sitting on the beach or cliff and they ***** about $4 a beer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I hear you. Grey Goose or a Jack Daniels will set you back 10$ or more in many places. I ordered a wine at a lovely place on the beach and it was nothing fancy and it was 15$ but the worst part was the pour was maybe 3 ounces. Never again.
    OmG! $15 off 3 ounces of wine??? Crazy!!!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Prices have surely skyrocketed since this old hippie has been coming to Negril. The same can be said wherever you go. Back home in New Jersey you need an armored car parked out side of the restaurant or Bar you are in to pay the bill when it comes.

Although I’ve been an armchair wine connoisseur in my own mind, It tickles me when I come to Negril and boardies and fellow tourists ask me about where can I get fine wines in Jamaica. When I am in Negril, I can only think about Red Stripe , Dragon Stout , Overproof Rum , Appleton Rums , Assorted Rum Creams , Pina Coladas , Dirty Bananas. That’s about all I can handle. Happy Imbibing Dan

User Info Menu

The great thing about Negril is that even tho prices have gone up, it is still way more affordable the Grand Cayman, St Johns, Hawaii, ect and the Jamaicans and the beach can't be beat. Low prices or high prices, my love and addiction to Jamaica will continue till I die.