My wife and I are getting ready for a trip to Negril in several weeks. We have not been back since COVID started so are excited to go back.

We plan to rent a car this time (a first). I think we will enjoy the freedom of not having to find a driver to run us to the store or out to eat or whatever. There has been a couple of times where we have struggled to find a ride back down to the beach from the west end even though we don’t stay out that late so we will like not having to go through that as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure I shouldn’t have any concerns driving from MoBay to Negril. It’s always seemed a straightforward drive so I expect it to be relatively uneventful. We pass through Orange Bay on that trip. It is on the US “do not travel” list but I assume the main road during the day is safe.

We may stop by MegaMart on this drive, too.

Another place in the “do not travel” list is Whitehall neighborhood. We also thought it would be nice to be able to run up to Red Dragon to get pork for lunch. I don’t know if Red Dragon is technically in Whitehall. If not, it looks like it is close.

We have been to Negril several times, now. We are pretty boring. We haven’t really ventured off the beaten path on our own. We typically stick to the beach road and the west end road. Back to our place at night no later than 9:30p. We have walked the beach at night, too. (Never an issue.). Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Also, I used to consider my cell phone as a “valuable”. It seems everyone has a smartphone, now. Any concerns with carrying a smartphone anymore. I just assume everyone probably already has one at this point.