Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The story of the "Oil" 1980

User Info Menu

The story of the "Oil" 1980

I stop by Tony and May's house on the way for some sun and fun and May tell me Tony let very early to go up in the hills for the "Oil" and he would be back by diner time and to come back then.

Tony and May's house, a little side note that I was told, is that the property was owned by Marvin Gay and Tony and May were the care takes of the place and he had the little 2 room house build for them to live in. It makes for a good story and very believable, I did not know them but for the month I was there but they were good people and alway treaded me like a friend.
    So we head up to the lighthouse to our rock in the sun for the day.

After a late afternoon shower in the outdoor show after the the water had warned all day in in the black barrel we take a nap in the hammock dream the day away.

The sun is getting ready to set so we head on over to see if Tony is back and he is and May is at work making a Curry Goat diner for us to "enjoy", that for me is an oxymoron, it was may first and last go at Goat, I know give it a chance it may have just been a tough old Goat.

May is cutting all that goes in to the Curry Goat pot, including the large root vegetable she keep stored under the house.
    Tony is here closing the door so he can get the "Oil", not that there are many people passing by back then.

He has it in the straw bag on the floor by him as he fixing the door.
    He took a bus someplace out of town and then went up in the hill where it is made cook and made and brought it back wrapped in plastic and put in a pint size baby formula can.
    He pulls it out and puts it on the table and it is not the kind of oil I was thinking it would be, light golden color and thin like from the middle east but no.
    This is dark green almost back and is the consistence of play-dough and strong smelling. Tony smears some on a paper and add some grass.
    Hands it to me and lights it and before long I out there, it was almost as good as a Thia Stick that the vets were sending home for Vietnam.
    I am happy and head back to the A Frame and put it in my safe spot the electrical panel in our room, it safe their and head back to diner.
    May has the food ready and we eat and chewed and chewed the goat meat it was a work out, taste was ok, but I stuck with Fish, Fried Chicken and Meat Patty the rest of trip.
    May had a bottle of pills in the kitchen and I ask her what they were and she said Mandrakes they make you fell good and we took one and she was right and I got the whole bottle of them from her before we left.
    We had a good night and before we left May brought out 2 industrial weight extra large condoms for the hash oil to get it back home.
    Tony said that we could enjoy our selfs now the business was done, he also said that the Canadians always came their first day to get the oil before they could start their vacation.

We will take you along for a walk down West End Road from the Lighthouse to the Beach with photo next, you can see if you can spot where you stay now along the way.
    Last edited by lane; 02-25-2023 at 01:23 PM.