Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Charela vs Nirvana

User Info Menu

Charela vs Nirvana

Looking for opinions on which to stay for peaceful relaxation on the beach, not a party and not the cliffs.
    Have been to Negril quite a few times, so not really looking for other options.
    Usually stay on the cheap, but want to step up this trip for my wife’s 50th.
    Also thought about trying Treasure Beach, but not sure if the beach there is anything to compare to Negril? Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Charela vs Nirvana

Just a suggestion and depending on what your needs are, but think about renting a suite at The Point Village. It's a ways from town (closer now that HiLo has moved) but it is real real quiet. Being out on the end of a point, you don't hear the road noise. Have some friends staying here right now but they could get in to their suite for a few days so they stayed up in the cliff's. They said never again. Between dogs barking all night, load music playing and the maniac drivers, that will be the last time. Point Village has 2 beaches and a rock pools area where you can find peace and comfort. Great place to just sit a read a book or chill.

User Info Menu

I can highly recommend Charela Inn!
    Great beach, awesome staff!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I’ve spent lots of time in TB… the beach doesn’t compare to Negril…mostly rocky and lots of undertow, but very quiet

Meditation Heights is not on the beach but is quiet secure and only a few minutes away from the beach. Check out the villas and see the rooms available. We have suites and single rooms. Beautiful gardens and views

User Info Menu

Charela does have live entertainment a couple nights a week (usually something mello like jazz). Nirvana is definitely more laid back and less crowded.

User Info Menu

Charela offers 2 things that other resorts do not have. Large beach and lots of shade

User Info Menu

hands down nirvana! my wife and I have been going for about 10 years now twice a year. They have a double beach lot ,no restaurant, no bar, beautiful serene beach.Give them a try and you will become part of the family!

User Info Menu

Comparing Nirvana to Charela isn't exactly apples to apples. Both have an amazing beach with plenty of room, but Charela has a restaurant, bar, pool and a few nights of live entertainment, that Nirvana do not offer. That being said, We typically chose Nirvana's beach veranda room for it's quietness (we usually travel off season). Your bed is literally steps from your beach chair, and only a few more to the waters edge. We do love Charela and would stay there again in an instant, but if Nirvana or Idle Awhile Beach have availability.......... Either way you can't go wrong and will have a great vacation!.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. Nirvana let me know that they will be doing renovations April thru June and will not have any beachfront units available when we are coming in May. Had our eye on the Verandah rooms. Also the possibility of renovation noise.