Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go on beach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Where to go on beach

We have been staying at Charela for years and are looking for a place to stay for longer. What part of the beach is public with umbrellas?

User Info Menu

Re: Where to go on beach

SunBeach! Just buy a beer or two at their bar and you can sit there all day under one of their umbrellas (I heard about it from people that stay on the West End who want a beach day and I stopped there a few times when I stayed at LTU Gardens last fall)!
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 03-23-2023 at 01:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Its a great spot! We just spent 3 weeks enjoying Sun Beach! Neil and Sophie + others will take great care of you. They have a full bar and very good food. They'll set you up with chairs, umbrella and table anywhere on their beach. Tips appreciated of course.. Enjoy.

Administrator

User Info Menu

And right next door you have Firefly's bar/restaurant called Beachside, no umbrellas but natural Sea Grape trees covering most of the area.

They have a tremendous happy hour, us$2 Red Stripes and us$5 full appetizers menu from noon until 2pm.

Both places make it one of the best spots on the beach for an amazing day!

User Info Menu

We always stay at LTU Gardens on the West End and for beach days we always go to Sun Beach. I agree with everything said here and would add that Sun Beach is one of the places in Negril that still retains its "old-school vibe".

User Info Menu

We discovered Sun Beach thanks to this board. Great place for a "home base" at the beach. We got our chairs, enjoyed a few drinks, and then explored the beach. Came back, had a few more, and left. Easy, simple, and great people working there. Very friendly and definitely the right choice.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

When you say stay for longer, do you mean a place with a small kitchen? Why would you leave Charela? You can always walk to SunBeach or other places.

User Info Menu

We are considering a stay longer with a kitchen somewhere else. Less expensive than the Charela

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by negrilmaven View Post
    We are considering a stay longer with a kitchen somewhere else. Less expensive than the Charela
    You can also check out Travellers Beach Resort. All levels of rooms and the newly renovated cottages with kitchenette. We love this hotel . Returning October!

User Info Menu

Besides Sun Beach, which places have umbrellas or can I buy one?