Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gifts for locals

User Info Menu

Re: Gifts for locals

Hey KAM, can you provide contact info so we can discuss further?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Most schools have rigid requirements on school supplies, and spiral bound notebooks are not on the majority of acceptable supplies. The black and white hard cover glue binder notebooks are required in most schools.

I am not sure where you are getting this misinformation, but spiral binders will end up being used by a small business for accounting sales purposes at best.
    Here is additional information I’ve received about donating school supplies:
    White Samds started a program called Smile for a Child where school supplies can be donated. They have adopted a local school. You can bring pencil, eraser, sharpner, ruler, crayons, etc.
    https://www.whitesandsjamaica.com/smile-for-a-child/

I will take the advice from this forum and pack original receipts for these supplies just in case Customs might have questions.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1111 View Post
    Here is additional information I’ve received about donating school supplies:
    White Samds started a program called Smile for a Child where school supplies can be donated. They have adopted a local school. You can bring pencil, eraser, sharpner, ruler, crayons, etc.
    https://www.whitesandsjamaica.com/smile-for-a-child/

I will take the advice from this forum and pack original receipts for these supplies just in case Customs might have questions.
    All the items mentioned, pencil, eraser, sharpner, ruler, crayons are part of the required school supplies. Spiral bound notebooks are not. Next week, probably Tuesday, I will stop by the school supply store in town and get a picture of the required notebooks as well as other supplies that catch my eye.

White Sands knows spiral bound notebooks do not match the requirements for students that young.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I found a great listing of school supplies for children from the Jamaican Diaspora:

Backpack (child size)
    Pencil case
    • Pens (black, blue, gel) and pencils
    • Highlighters
    • Crayons or pencil crayons
    • Erasers
    • Sharpener
    • Ruler
    • Glue stick
    • Scissors
    • Soft and hardcover exercise books
    • Folder paper
    • Scrapbook
    • Geometry set
    • Playdough (kindergarten)
    • Poster paint (kindergarten)
    • Jumbo paintbrush (kindergarten)
    • Water bottle

Examples of exercise books are below:
    Hard cover

Soft Cover
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1111 View Post
    Hey KAM, can you provide contact info so we can discuss further?
    Thank you for reaching out. I sent you a PM with some info.

User Info Menu

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/pers...c137e6a8&ei=62

Never sure how to cash in on these rare bill finds, but maybe those old USD $2 might finally pay off.