Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lesson learned, make sure to lock those doors...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the story

This is another reason that I'm bringing door stop alarms this trip. . Always sleep with safe key straped on you or under the pillow. A Limo Mon lesson learned years ago , Never change money with street people.
    Hey Airportworker do I need to declare the door alarms ? Soon Come Limo Mon!

User Info Menu

Security was also very noticable at Fun Holidays at Thanksgiving,always at the beach entrance and at the road.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, thank god he did not leave with much.

We heard a similar story a few weeks ago, late at night someone broke into her room and took off with cash, cell phones and other stuff. After a while it was also learnt that she had her boy toy in the room and maybe he had someone to come in and take the stuff.

You didn't have a special friend with you? Just kidding it really sucks getting ripped off and they will have to do something about security there, seems to be happening more these days.

User Info Menu

Perhaps it's safer to stay at the Cliffs in a small, security conscious hotel with a WALL .... That's what I'm doing this trip after hearing all these reports. I'm a pretty tough guy and thoroughly reckless but I don't want some fool breaking in at night!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meinvancouver View Post
    Sorry to hear about what happened to you, thank god he did not leave with much.

We heard a similar story a few weeks ago, late at night someone broke into her room and took off with cash, cell phones and other stuff. After a while it was also learnt that she had her boy toy in the room and maybe he had someone to come in and take the stuff.

You didn't have a special friend with you? Just kidding it really sucks getting ripped off and they will have to do something about security there, seems to be happening more these days.
    Same property or a different place? Not clear. Regardless... terrible. I'll keep taking my door locks & pacsafe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Perhaps it's safer to stay at the Cliffs in a small, security conscious hotel with a WALL .... That's what I'm doing this trip after hearing all these reports. I'm a pretty tough guy and thoroughly reckless but I don't want some fool breaking in at night!
    That's exactly what I did in March of this year - stayed long-term in a resort on the cliffs surrounded by a high stone wall and a locked gate. Thieves scaled the wall in the middle of the night, removed the screws from my louvred window, reached in, unlocked my door from the inside, came in and removed several articles from my room while I was asleep. Believe me, if someone is dead set on robbing you, they will find a way to do it. And no, I did not have a boy toy in my room. Police attended and confirmed these were local crackheads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Same property or a different place? Not clear. Regardless... terrible. I'll keep taking my door locks & pacsafe.
    I thought the same thing, sounds like the same place. That is why I did not mention the name of the resort. He even tallked about not having a stick, at least the girl had a stick but didn't use it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    That's exactly what I did in March of this year - stayed long-term in a resort on the cliffs surrounded by a high stone wall and a locked gate. Thieves scaled the wall in the middle of the night, removed the screws from my louvred window, reached in, unlocked my door from the inside, came in and removed several articles from my room while I was asleep. Believe me, if someone is dead set on robbing you, they will find a way to do it. And no, I did not have a boy toy in my room. Police attended and confirmed these were local crackheads.
    They could have made entry on the water side as well....... I wondered about that on my last trip at Catcha, but no worries needed. They have security that works the water side as well and he doesn't miss a thing. The door alarms are a great idea and very inexpensive considering the peace of mind they provide.

User Info Menu

I thought the same thing, sounds like the same place. That is why I did not mention the name of the resort. He even tallked about not having a stick, at least the girl had a stick but didn't use it.
    He said Negril Beach Resort which is the same property but different management. I can't speak for the hotel section but all the condos do have a patio stick.

User Info Menu

He said Negril Beach Resort which is the same property but different management. I can't speak for the hotel section but all the condos do have a patio stick.