Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sea Grape

User Info Menu

Sea Grape

Hi All
    Anyone have recent experience at Sea Grape? The website pics look great. It cost a little more than similar places like Tensing and Catcha, and was wondering if it's worth it. I had a conversation with the owner, who seems like a nice guy. I don't mind the lack of a restaurant or bar with so much nearby. All we need is a few nights on the cliffs to get the bugs out before hitting the beach.

User Info Menu

Re: Sea Grape

We've stayed at Sea Grape a number of times over the years. A few years ago it was sold. So next time down, I walked down from Tensing Pen to
    see what was going on. Found Old Bentley sitting on his stool across the street at the market. When I asked about the changes, he lit up and insisted that I go on a tour with him. He told me the new new owners were long time guests from America who jumped at the chance to buy it.
    The renovations were well underway and included a number of improvements such as a brand new main kitchen and "Bentley's cottage".
    Sea Grape grounds are very lush and private with each of (then) three cottages having its own path down to private ocean access off the rocks via a pool ladder. It would offer a very chill time for you to decompress from travel and gear up for the beach. The little store across the street has just about anything you might need. You might also find that LTU also meets your needs. Pub on the cliffs, gardens, rooms and pool across the street. We wound up at LTU years ago and now it's like a family homecoming when we get there. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Thanks Ol Y Ended up booking everything at Idle beach. My wife isn't a strong swimmer, so she's not a fan of the cliffs. So happy wife = blah blah blah, ya kno man. We'll be on the west end enough. I feel the better food is on the west end.

User Info Menu

You're right about that. Brown stew chicken @ Sips n Bites, grilled lobster @ 3 Dives and Chicken Lola or Hunter Schnitzel at LTU.
    SnB closed on Saturday and no alcohol. 3 Dives tables are alfresco on the cliffs and LTU is open air thatch on the cliffs, but a recent remodel keeps the rain out. Back on the beach seek out the coconut custard pie @ Kuyaba. With a cup of their coffee it is the perfect dessert after any meal.
    They usually have one pie a day and when it's gone, it's gone so don't "Idle a While" or you'll miss out. Bong Appetit!

User Info Menu

3 Dives tables are now Alfresco? That's another way of putting it! LOL. How would you describe the restroom, rustic 3rd world port o potty? Every time I'm in there I'm afraid its going to collapse and leave me standing in the wind. I haven't been since they installed the cabins, so not sure if they upgraded this to back alley standards.
    All kidding aside, We LOVE 3 dives, 60 minute waits and all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    3 Dives tables are now Alfresco? That's another way of putting it! LOL. How would you describe the restroom, rustic 3rd world port o potty? Every time I'm in there I'm afraid its going to collapse and leave me standing in the wind. I haven't been since they installed the cabins, so not sure if they upgraded this to back alley standards.
    All kidding aside, We LOVE 3 dives, 60 minute waits and all.
    3 Dives upgraded their restrooms before putting in the new cabins. Good to go!!

User Info Menu

Just another reason to love 3 dives