Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 'Cane Season

User Info Menu

'Cane Season

Couldn't hold out any longer and pulled the trigger on a couple weeks. With work projects I couldn't do this until August! Let's hope Mother Nature behaves herself!
    It may be a bit early, and I know it's slow season, but is there anything going on in August besides Dream Weekend? We'll be at Idle Awhile Beach again

User Info Menu

Re: 'Cane Season

John...I wouldn't worry about it. We've been going in August for years because it's cheaper and less crowded. Last trip down at LTU in late August of 2021, it rained like crazy on Sunday and by the end of the week that rain had crossed Cuba into the Gulf, became Hurricane Ida and did significant damage to our house when it got to New Orleans. The bad news is that it has taken two years but we're finally wrapping up our repairs. The good news is that we were in Negril, not New Orleans, and got to stay at LTU an extra twelve days before we could get a flight back into New Orleans. That's my idea of evacuation! (lol)

User Info Menu

We typically come down in August since both our birthdays are then. We don't appreciate the crowds either, and who doesn't love better rates? We must've been at least 12 - 15 times in August and have been lucky. I enjoy an afternoon nap on the balcony as the skys open up, or getting trapped at Tony's hut playing dominoes! Unfortunately the slow season is...slow. The only shows usually going on in August are the Thursday & Saturday shows at Charella. If you're going to get abandoned somewhere, you can't do much better than LTU! Like I said, I hope Mother Nature is in a good mood that week and there's no big storms. The small one's I look forward to.

User Info Menu

Well I was there last Sep when Ian passed by and it was wet for half a trip but I still found plenty to do!

User Info Menu

Two words to consider...
    trip insurance.
    Johio

User Info Menu

One word....Always!