Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Bars

User Info Menu

Best Bars

This is my list of must-do restaurants (with some minor notes):

Restaurants
    Hungry Lion (W.E.)
    Rock House (W.E.) x2 (Pricey but great)
    MiYard - authentic, cheap (W.E.)
    Canoe Beach Bar and Grill: Authentic Jamaican food, tourist friendly (W.E.)
    Icy’s @ Westlea Cabins (Beach?)
    Sips & Bites (W.E.)
    Archway Café (W.E. – Pizza – long established)
    Erica’s (W.E.)
    LTU (W.E.)
    Ras Rody (W.E.)
    Sun Beach (Beach)
    Howie’s (inland)
    Presely’s (you need a reservation)

If I've missed a good one please let me know.

But I got thinking: What about Bars?!?!?
    So much has changed since I was there last - Pickled Parrot gone
    Negril Yacht Club gone
    What are the must do Bars now?
    ( I'll go to Roots because my daughter has friends there - but where else?)

User Info Menu

LTU Fridays
    Mix of Ex-pats and usual suspects

Jungle. Thursday's
    Ladies nite

Otherwise
    You really can't go wrong by dropping all plans and going wid the flow

User Info Menu

There's always a weekend party in the village.

Go with a Jamaica that you have know

If your lucky, you will be the only Tourist there

User Info Menu

starting from up by the Lighthouse and working mi way down to the beach.........
    LTU
    Ivans at Catcha
    SeaStar Inn
    Xtabi
    SamSara for Happy Hour
    Pee Wees
    No Limit
    Peaches
    Sunset After Dark
    On the Rocks
    MiYard
    Canoe

Corner Bar

Sunset on the Beach
    Shields
    Travelers
    Bar B Barn
    YellowBird
    Alfreds
    Cafe Goa
    Sunbeach
    Firefly
    Aqua
    Boat Bar
    Negril Treehouse
    and mi don't walk any further.....lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I agree with Marko and I would like to add a few.

Cliffs

Fire Water/Love Nest - maybe the best sunset view I've seen on the Cliffs
    C&D Bar - Connie is a sweetie and I loved the music

Beach

White Sands - home of the 2 for 1 and we enjoyed Tony

Timm
    Last edited by Ti2m; 12-06-2011 at 08:04 PM.

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad

User Info Menu

Sydas on the cliffs

User Info Menu

Have you eaten at Presely’s? Talked to him last year but didn't eat there. Just wondering what it's like.

User Info Menu

Presley cooks? You mean I could've had food with my kung fu movies? Mind.blown. Details, please!

User Info Menu

Chicago Julie,
    Here's a snippet I read on Presley's:

While staying in Negril, we stumbled across Presley's (which is located just outside of the Rockhouse).

Presley's looks like most of the other little roadside "bars",...but what you don't know is that upon request, he will cook-up most anything you wish as long as it's Jamaican.
    He requires a verbal reservation, and his word is his bond. He only cooks for a couple or two at a time,....so make your reservations as soon as he opens, approximately 8:00 a.m.

When you arrive that evening,...you will find that he has transformed his place into a private, romantic restaurant, just for you. On top of being your own private grill chef, he selects the freshest catches (per your request) from the local fisherman. The fresh (right of the garden) sidedishes are a taste treat in themselves.

And the price....he asks that you pay him "whatever you think is fair". He will have his Redstrip in the freezer for you (ours actually had ice crystals,...soooooo cold). If you prefer wine,...just let him know, because there are "No Problems" at Presley's Bar & Grill. It's the "Real Deal", a unique experience you will cherish forever. It's all about "Respect", great food and lots of laughter.

*We found that most Jamaicans wear several "hats",...Presley also provides inexpensive taxi services, guided tours, he will get you better prices on anything that you buy (and tell you what is fair) and don't forget to ask to see his garden,...he will climb his coconut tree or chop a stalk of sugarcane and happily share his Jamaican life with you. He will do whatever he can to help make your trip extraordinary!

Favorite Dish: Presley's well known for the grilled Lobster, Conche and Snapper. Presley's prides himself in the freshest local vegetables and ingrediants. His Jamaican approach to life and his menu makes you want to come back again and again.

User Info Menu

Any suggestions on where to watch the NFL? looking forward to seeing the Packers whip Oakland.