Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Soup stop

User Info Menu

Soup stop

Is the soup restaurant still open at Whistling Bird? Do they still have peanut porridge in the morning?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Soup stop

Yes and yes! Drove by it yesterday!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Whistling Bird has a newly freshly painted soup, porridge, ice cream sign next to da road. Nice. Well done. Respect.

User Info Menu

We stay next door at Rondel and that soup shop saves me!!! Usually about 1120am I head over for a large cup ($350). Perfect late morning snack and a good coating to put on the belly before the Red Stripes begin (typically around noon). The choices when I was there in February tended to be Red Pea or some sort of chicken (chicken foot, chicken skin, etc). I always got whatever chicken variety they had, and never saw a foot in my soup, but I figured the nice lady working there saved the foot for more "seasoned" eaters which was fine with me. I can taste that soup now sitting at home!!

M&M

M&M

At Neil and Pickles bar on the West End every Tuesday and Thursday you can get wonderful turkey neck soup!!