Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Country Country vs. White Sands Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Country Country vs. White Sands Negril

Well, poo!! White Sands is already fully booked for Feb

Now I'm second guessing CC because of it's proximity to Margaritaville. And, I just discovered that the windows don't have glass or screens, just shutters. Not sure how I feel about that. Anyone who's been there have thoughts about that? Were bugs an issue in the room? Was it noisy? Was the room dark with the shutters closed?

Ugh, I didn't think this decision was going to be so difficult. Couldn't possibly be because I'm being picky

User Info Menu

There is a reason we rebook WS a year in advance while we are there. We want to make sure we get the room we want!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whitesandsok View Post
    Well, poo!! White Sands is already fully booked for Feb

Now I'm second guessing CC because of it's proximity to Margaritaville. And, I just discovered that the windows don't have glass or screens, just shutters. Not sure how I feel about that. Anyone who's been there have thoughts about that? Were bugs an issue in the room? Was it noisy? Was the room dark with the shutters closed?

Ugh, I didn't think this decision was going to be so difficult. Couldn't possibly be because I'm being picky
    Correct no windows/screens but all windows have wood slats that can be closed. We leave those closed and run the A/C 24/7. Not very many bugs to be a bother. I'd prefer to leave the slats open for the breezes but the Mrs. has this thing about mosquitos, she really gets welts from bites so happy wife ....

I don't find CC noisy, the worst time we had was from a crying baby next door. Margaritaville was usually quiet well before 9 pm when we were last there March 2020. Tree House next door has a fun bar to hang at compared to CC's bar which doesn't get many visitors. The room is dark with closed slats but there are plenty of lights in the room. Room prices at CC already include all fees and taxes which is a considerable value.

Wait, February 2024? That's when we plan to visit so don't go to CC it's terrible, noisy and did I mention crying babies lol?

User Info Menu

Yeah, you're pretty late in the game to book a popular boutique hotel for Feb next year (One year, I waited a couple of weeks to book for the next year at WS and was forced to break up my trip into 2 locations since WS didn't have any rooms avail for the full time I requested). So looking into the available hotels online, I noticed Rondel still had rooms. Have you done any research there? I've met my share of tourists that luv going there (just ask Monty & Melo).
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 05-02-2023 at 02:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    Correct no windows/screens but all windows have wood slats that can be closed. We leave those closed and run the A/C 24/7. Not very many bugs to be a bother. I'd prefer to leave the slats open for the breezes but the Mrs. has this thing about mosquitos, she really gets welts from bites so happy wife ....

I don't find CC noisy, the worst time we had was from a crying baby next door. Margaritaville was usually quiet well before 9 pm when we were last there March 2020. Tree House next door has a fun bar to hang at compared to CC's bar which doesn't get many visitors. The room is dark with closed slats but there are plenty of lights in the room. Room prices at CC already include all fees and taxes which is a considerable value.

Wait, February 2024? That's when we plan to visit so don't go to CC it's terrible, noisy and did I mention crying babies lol?
    Haha! Too late, you've already spilled the beans If this is where we end up, we'll buy you and the Mrs. a drink! Assuming we're there the same week LOL
    Last edited by whitesandsok; 05-15-2023 at 04:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah, you're pretty late in the game to book a popular boutique hotel for Feb next year (One year, I waited a couple of weeks to book for the next year at WS and was forced to break up my trip into 2 locations since WS didn't have any rooms avail for the full time I requested). So looking into the available hotels online, I noticed Rondel still had rooms. Have you done any research there? I've met my share of tourists that luv going there (just ask Monty & Melo).
    I'll know next time LOL. I had no idea it was so popular. But then again, I've never looked at it before since we always just stay AI Yes, I have looked at Rondel. It just didn't give me the same warm fuzzies that the others did. But, I may look at it again...

User Info Menu

It's official! We're booked at Country Country for Feb 3-10 I'm excited (and a little nervous) about staying non-AI in Negril.

Thank you to everyone for the helpful advice
    [/url]