Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Transportation

User Info Menu

Re: Vintage Transportation

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    I'm not seeing a red plate on the front. I assume it's licensed with JUTA and red plate on the back.
    No worries...transportation drivers can't be on Negril.com unless they're legal (red plate) and have been vetted.

Administrator

User Info Menu

As Lisa stated, Negril.com does not allow illegal drivers or tour companies to be advertised. We even go as far as to verify the status of drivers who may not be sponsors but recommended in someone's post. And with the new Road Traffic Act, the penalties for being an non-red plate "taxi" is severe.

Rest assured, Tallman's Vintage Tours will be a legal, one-of-a-kind attraction all by itself!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

And to let everyone know more about this amazing way to get around Jamaica, Leslie Parkinson (Tallman) and I have been discussing this "vintage tour" concept for a while now.

This is something that the "hippies" who discovered Negril could only have fantasized about. A mint condition, 1973 VW Mircobus with a custom interior including a full bar!

Imagine the parties you can plan! Want to celebrate a birthday - rent the Microbus for 5 hours and go wherever you want! And party like a rockstar the entire time!

It can be utilized the same way that party Limos and buses are used for special occasions, weddings, anniversaries, heck, even just another Thirsty Thursday!

Take a trip back in time to 1973, before many of you were born in comfort that was unthinkable in Jamaica at the time!

More info to come....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Also an amazing sound system!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ and Subrina View Post
    It is licensed and legal. Red plate has been ordered. He should have it this week. Soon Come
    I assumed the red plate was ordered and coming soon but I had to ask the question as it's very important to travel in a fully licensed red plate vehicle. A lot of travelers don't realize that their travel insurance covers them in the event of a motor vehicle accident but only if it's a fully licensed common carrier (like JUTA).

Funny thing, it was the 1st picture with the white plate that caught my eye. I said it was the front plate but it turns out the picture was the back. One of the great things about a 73 VW van, you can't tell front from back and if it's coming or going.