Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Mountains

User Info Menu

Mountains

Was recently here in the mountains in the States, was wondering if there are any bars or restaurants with mountain views? Or up in the mountains?
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Mountains

Yes! Some of the most popular restaurants have stunning views overlooking Kingston.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We stayed at Strawberry Hill last December. Up in the Blue Mountains. The views were amazing!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Anything closer to Negril? Even just hills with a view, something scenic in Westmoreland?

Trying to find a restaurant or bar where you could sit in the hills (or mountains) and enjoy a scenic view, same as you would see in the Smoky Mountains for example.
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

Nothing as tall as the Smokies in Westmoreland. For that you have to get at least toward Mandeville.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Hey TuffGong,
    The answer to your question might well be a place called Mel's Botanical Retreat in Westmoreland not far from Bluefields and Belmont. I have never been there but from the photos and stories I have read I think this might be the Irie Feelings place you are seeking. Story goes as I understand it is a woman named Mel (Melissa) started this Retreat overlooking the ocean several years ago and specializes in Ital lifestyle and garden to table food and Herb. https://mels-botanical-retreat.business.site/

It is my understanding and I could be wrong but Mel and her daughter were running the retreat and Mel unfortunately fell ill and passed away. Her daughter and other family members currently have taken over the Yard and continue in Mel's Legacy. There is ample info on the web if you are interested in further pursuit. But from what you indicated you are looking for "Mountains close to Negril with a view" this probably exceeds any expectations you might have had. I hope it helps!!