Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sky Garden

User Info Menu

Sky Garden

I understand there was a devastating fire last night at Kenny’s Chinese/Sky Garden. We’re very sad for the owners and employees. I had heard nothing but good things about the place during our last trip and we never made it there. It was top on our list for November. I am hope there was insurance and that they can rebuild.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Sky Garden

I went by there this morning in a taxi and just took a casual glance at the place. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. No obvious telltale signs of a fire.

Maybe if there was a fire it was a limited one. The Negril Rumour Mill can come up with about anything.

I will try and get more information about it tomorrow.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob! I hope it turns out to be something minor.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The fire was on the morass side of the restaurant. Apparently the kitchen area. No explosion so apparently an electrical fire or similar. Some roof damage but only in the kitchen area.

It could have been much worse, no one was there to be hurt.

Insurance, if they even have property damage coverage could take a while. Determining the exact cause might not even be possible. The insurance may never be required to pay out.

Gotta love insurance contracts...
    (I did insurance crap in a previous life)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update Rob. I’m glad to hear there were no injuries and damage was limited. I hope they will be back . They had come along way from the old Errol’s spot next door to the beach club.